Chapter 8

A/N: So I just felt the need to apologize for the delay. It's been a hectic two weeks and I barely had time to write. So, I decided to give you a really good scene that I just know you'll love (or I hope you do) as much as I do. There's a real long paragraph in here, but please read it or a lot of things won't make sense. It's honestly the best part of this chapter so, please read! Thank you to everyone who reads this, I still can't believe I have 391 reads! It's just so surreal. Thank you times 100!! Now, without further ado, I give you chapter 8!! Enjoy! ;-)

Stephanie's POV

I looked at Collin for a long time. In truth, I was kind of flattered. Here was this mega pop star and he wanted me to help him with his song writing. I knew it wouldn't be a hardship, but I was hesitant to work with him because I just wasn't sure if I trusted him yet.

"Can I ask you something before I answer Collin?" I asked Noah. He nodded slowly, a bit surpised. "Why were you so horrible to Amy on your first day? You called her unprofessional and hurt her reputation. She's an amazing person and you don't know her at all, so why would you say that?"

Amy looked over at me with fury evident in her eyes, but I was focused on the silent exchange going on between Collin and Noah. Collin shrugged and Noah nodded and looked over at me with determination evident in his blue eyes.

"I'd like to start off by saying I'm sorry," he said looking over at Amy who looked at him with suspicion and surprise. "When you first start off in this business you look for anyone who will take you. You're so desperate for a gig, or better yet for an agency or recording studio who will sign you, that you don't really pay attention to the finer details. When Royal studios approached Collin and I,  we were ecstatic. We'd made it, you know? It wasn't until later, after having signed a contract, that we realized how restrictive they actually are. We have to act whatever way they say will get more attention and money. For me, that meant being the cocky and jerky player. In real life, neither Collin nor I are like that. We grew up with our mother's telling us to always be respectful to women and never lead them on. Anyone you see me or Collin with in the public eye has been fake. We keep our real relationships secret, and that eventually takes a toll on it so we break up. So I'm sorry, I really am, it's just who I have to be for now. Once our contracts are over in three months, Collin and I are leaving and finding a record label with good morals, and we'll have lawyers review our new contracts so we don't have to go through this again. I said what I did that day to establish my character, and I'm extremely sorry that I hurt you. You're an amazing dancer, don't ever doubt that. I can't change the past, but I can make sure to make it up to you. I can have the greatest dancers I know join us in your showcase, and a friend of mine who djs can make us a mix tape to dance to professionally. And if you want I can bring you to my parent's house tomorrow. It's where Collin and I are staying right now, actually. You can meet my parents and you'll see I'm telling the truth. So what do you say?"

Amy was silent for a second just staring at him, then she relaxed and I sighed happily.

"I forgive you." She said. Noah looked at her shocked, like he couldn't believe she'd given in so easily. She laughed and said "look, I have four brothers, so I've picked up on how to tell when someone's sincere. But you will need to do everything you just said, don't think it's that easy."

We all laughed joyously, and ate the pizza that had arrived while talking and getting to know each other. Collin and I agreed for me to tag along on the trip with Amy to Noah's house tomorrow so we could get started on writing. We left the restaurant and parted with happy smiles and joyous goodbyes.

None of us, however, saw the slight flash of a camera and the grin on a certain man that would change everything.

...............................................

A/N: Muahahahahaha!!! I know, I'm so mean! I just couldn't help myself! I'm becoming addicted to these cliffhangers. Soooo, what do you think of Noah now? Do you see sparks flying anywhere? Who is the mystery camera man? What do you think will happen at Noah's house the next day? Also, I put another little photo of molly Quinn for you, who I casted as Stephanie.  Comment, vote, and share to tell me what you think!  Au revoir!