17. Coincidence & Control

Dedicated to Killua-Zolydic for your sweet comments and votes. They make smile every time :)

Also, a special shoutout to The-Superstar. 17th Chapter before your 17th birthday! Wish you a very happy birthday, in advance! ^-^

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

_______

Suzzanah's POV

"BYYYYYEEEEE??? You said BYYYYEEEE???!"

I cringed, feeling embarrassed as Mr. Talon walked around the room making strangled and squeaky noises of shock and perturbation while chiding me for not having given a proper speech or used an appropriate parting greeting for the CEO.

I pouted, "He didn't even seem to mind so much", I mumbled sulkily but Mr. Talon had apparently heard it.

"Of course, he wouldn't mind, since it was you", Mr. Talon said shaking his head making me stare at him wide eyed as he continued while cleaning his glasses, "I'm more worried that someone else overheard your conversation and suspected something"

I was now rather dazed, "What do you mean 'since it was you?' and what would others suspect if they heard me thanking him?"

A look of panic crossed his face and he bit his tongue before wiping his glasses more hurriedly and putting them on, "I-I-I mean since it was you who needed to...to thank him...and you did! So he wouldn't mind!"

Huh? That didn't make any sense!

"And others...they would...they would suspect that...they would suspect that..."

He seemed to be working really hard to think of an excuse.

"Oh yes!" he exclaimed, "They would suspect that something went on between you and the CEO! It's not a good idea of have that kind of attention, believe me! Besides, if anyone saw you interacting so informally with him and asked around a little, they might find out about the skirt incident at the hospital. Now you don't want that, do you child?"

Even though up until now he seemed to be lying to me, when he presented that particular point my eyes went wide and I gasped in shock.

"You're right Mr. Talon!" I agreed anxiously and I thought I heard him release a breath, "I don't want anyone else to ever find out about that!"

He smiled and nodded at me enthusiastically.

"In that case", I stood up and clenched my fists determinedly, "From now on I'll stay far away from him at all times-"

"NOOO!"

Mr. Talon screeched so loudly that someone would think I had suggested beheading the CEO. I looked at him to find him staring at me with wide horrified eyes.

"But...why not?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows, "It's not like I'm going to be ignoring him or anything. I'll just maintain as much distance from him as my job will permit"

Mr. Talon shot out of his chair and rubbed his forehead worriedly.

"Please relax Mr. Talon. It's not like I'll be required to see him every day anyway, I'm Mr. Penson's P.A, not his. So it won't really feel like I'm purposely keeping my distance from him at all. Besides, even if I did, I doubt he'd notice"

"Oh but there's no way he wouldn't!" Mr. Talon cried worriedly.

"Huh?"

"If he finds out...I encouraged...he will have my head!"