The Prologue

This story is dedicated to the love of my life.  

Without you I would be nothing.

****

“Waiting for the end to come,

Wishing I had strength to stand

This is not what I had planned

It’s out of my control.”

The Prologue

Everything you are taught from a young age is a lie.

 The love of your parents. Lie.

Being a happy little girl, their one great treasure. Lie.

Thinking that your parents are always going to be there, no matter what. Lie.

It was all fucking lies.

My mother was my role model, when I got older I wanted to be her, she glowed all the time, there was an unbreakable happiness she carried with her, her smile could light up the room.

My father was drawn to her instantly, not because their destiny was written in the stars.

No, they were in love way before they found out they were soul mates and that’s when their love intensified, it was magical.

Looking back now it was sickening.

 Love that would last forever?  I was their proof, me and the two babies growing in my mommy’s tummy.

 I was six, she was everything and then it all turned to shit.

It was one thirty at night, not the best of times to be up but I couldn’t get rid of the bad feeling I had, it was torture and I couldn’t go to sleep.

 I walked to my parent’s room, the door was slightly ajar, my mother and father were cuddled together and I smiled at how cute they looked.

“Mommy?” I called in my whiny voice.

“Yes Sage.” She said instantly, her voice thick with sleep.

My father groaned nest to her, “Go back to bed Sage.” He said.

“Mommy something bad is going to happen.” I said to her.

As if the sentence was a trigger, the front door sounded as if it was blown open; there was a loud thud and murderous growls that followed.