Chapter 22 - The Two Things You Must Do

HEY EVERYONE! I MADE IT ONTO WATTY AWARDS UNDER ROMANCE :) PLEASE VOTE IF YOU THINK I SHOULD WIN OR JUST TO MAKE ME ECSTATIC - THAT'S GOOD TOO! <3

Hola amigas y amigos.

Anywho, here's a new chapter for all of you. I know it's kind of short and it's a little bit of filler but I promise that the next two chapters won't be so boring. Actually, speaking of the next chapter, I need an idea for a date between Amy and Nick. Anyone got any suggestions? Please, if you do have an idea, don't made it all out or something. I just need an average date.

I was also wondering if you guys were friends with anyone else with an account on wattpad and if you guys ever talked about my story. Me and some friends are hooked on some of the stories here and we talk about them a lot, sometimes by text, sometimes in person... you know :) I just wanted to know if you guys did the same thing and if it was ever about my story and what you said about my story anyways.

Finally, (I know my author's notes are really long - sorry about that) HAPPY READING!

If you like the chapter, you know what to do ;)

Yours truly,

hannah-vo

~*~

Chapter 22 - The Two Things You Must Do

Julie sat beside Amy on the sofa and hugged her tightly. Somehow, she’d managed to give rise to several buried emotions within her like sadness, desperation, hopelessness... and it was making her sick to the stomach. There was so much that Amy had tucked away for the specific reason on not wanting to end up like this. It had all started by crying her eyes out because some stupid boy that she’d liked had messed with her head and made her regret ever liking him in the first place but then she started to talk about her friends and family and her loneliness and that only left her feeling more empty as she thought about just how pathetic she must seem. The fact that she’d chased away everyone that had ever meant anything to her forced the tears back in her eyes and the pain back into her heart.

Amy sniffled into the Kleenex and wiped her eyes, trying to calm down. She was sure that she was red and splotchy and just overall gross. It was embarrassing that she was getting this worked up because of some boy but out of all the nice friends she’d met lately, she knew Julie would understand the most. After all, she was in a relationship too and she seemed to always know the right thing to say.

“Ames, it’s okay,” Julie hushed, rubbing her shoulders and tightening her grip and the poor girl, “Chris won’t hate you. Trust me. I’ve known him for long enough to know that he’s not mad at all.”

Amy breathed in shallow breaths of air, trying her hardest to stop the tears from flowing. She hadn’t wanted to cry for him. It was her fault anyways. She shouldn’t have just ignored him and acted like he had the plague. She should have cuddled with him, smiled with him, laughed with him. Just not kissed him.

Should’ve, would’ve, could’ve, right?

Amy bit her lip and tried to speak her thoughts but what came out was just some incoherent blubbering that sounded like, “Bu  i scweed evrytin u!” (“But I screwed everything up!”)

But even through her rough and uneven voice, Julie somehow managed to understand what Amy had said when she responded. “No you didn’t! It was my fault! I just thought since you liked him and since he’d been flirting with you back everything would work out and you guys would date and it would just be fun. I’m so sorry, Ames,” she apologized, her eyes becoming red as well.