5

ISLA

I sat on Mia's bed waiting for her to change. It was the first game of the season.

She came out in the green and yellow cheerleading outfit.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Sure," she said, fixing her ponytail in the mirror. "I hate ponytails."

"That's why I cut my hair," I said, standing behind her.

She adjusted her skirt.

"How do I look?" She asked. "On a scale of one to ten."

"One," I said. She deflated. "Billion."

She glanced at me in the mirror than looked down, smiling.

"Let's go," I said, grabbing her bag and her hand and going down the stairs.

"Oh fuck no," Mia said, when she saw my bike.

"What?" I asked.

"We are taking my car," she said, turning to the garage.

"Bossy," I said. "I like it."

She opened her red Honda and sat in the driver's seat.

"You have control of the radio," she said. "But if I say change it you change it."

"Ma'am yes ma'am," I saluted.

She laughed.

"Are you nervous?" I asked, fiddling with the radio.

"About what?"

"About performing in front of the school." I found a station and put the volume low and sat back.

"Oh yeah. That's a thing."

"So are you nervous?"

"Little."

"If you are," I said. "Just look for me or any of the guys, there's going to be at least one of them on the bench at all times."

"Thanks," she said.

"No problem," I said. "We're your friends."

She snorted. "Friends," she said. "I had those once."

"What happened?"

"Sometimes the person you'd take a bullet for is right behind the trigger." She shrugged.

"Damn you're like a living breathing Tumblr," I said.

She smiled.

"Trust in us," I said. "We are your friends not those assholes that pretended to be us."

"Thank you," she said, turning into the parking lot.

"No problem," I said.

She gave me a hug and ran out. "Lock the car!" she yelled, running towards the field.

I locked the car and slowly walked towards the field. People actually stopped talking to stare at me.

"Yes people," I said, turning around to walk backwards. "It's true, I am this sexy in person. You can return to your boring ass lives."

I turned back around. "Fucking homophobes," I muttered under my breath.

I found a seat in the middle of the bleachers and sat down.

It was still pretty early because Maya had to go to cheer practice the only people that were there were cheerleaders, soccer players and people setting up.

Mia did a bunch of backflips and I stood up to cheer her on.

That happened every time Mia did a flip or trick until it was finally game time.

Will and his friends searched the stands for me.

Mcallister spotted me and pointed the guys in my direction.

Everyone's head turned to me as I stood up.

In perfect unison they hit their chests thrice, kissed their fists and pointed towards the sky. With a smile I repeated the action to them.

They broke out in smiles and ran towards the rest of their team.

It had started out as something Will did from the sidelines since we were young. Then we started high school and he still did it from the sidelines, when he became captain Sophomore year he did it in the middle of the field. When I came out Junior year the guys started doing it with him. To show everyone that I'm just as important as the game to them they said.

I loved them for that.

Anyone on the team could join but not many people liked me and they were the only ones.

Will sent a soccer ball down the field and everyone chased after it. Let the games begin.

We won. 6 to 4. I was pretty close but Finnegan managed to get two penalty shots after he was kicked in the shin.

Davis 2 whooped into the night air.

His girlfriend, Bea, covered his mouth. "You're so loud, Leo," she said, laughing.

"Last time I checked you were the loud one Bea," Davis 1 said, saving his brother.

She blushed.

"You're not exactly quiet either," said Bea's twin, Beth. It was Davis 1's turn to blush.

Yes the twins were dating twins. But to be fair Beth and Bea weren't remotely identical so the Davis brothers didn't know until later.

"Ugh couples," O'Connor said.

I laughed. "I feel you man."

I glanced over at Mia with my leather jacket wrapped tightly around herself in the cold fall air.

I pulled her to my side to keep her warm and she nuzzled against my side.

"What happened to you feeling me?" O'Connor exclaimed.

Mia laughed. "Me and my dirty mind."

It took me a moment to register— "Ewww!" O'Connor and I said.

Mia cackled.

"Yup she's a keeper," Finnegan said.

"Shut up Todd," Mia said.

He looked shocked.

"Yeah I know your first name," she said. "And I'm not afraid to use it."

"Do you actually know our first names?" McAllister asked.

"Yes I do, Noah McAllister," she said. "And Parker O'Connor, and Leo and Logan Davis."

"She first named us get her!" Davis 1 yelled.

The guys ganged up on Mia and lifted her off the ground. "STOP GUYS! PUT ME DOWN!" She yelled. "ISLA!"

"Guys," I yelled, jogged after them. "Come on who else will make me cookies?"

They spun Mia a few times before putting her down. "See not so bad," I said.

She playfully hit my arm. "Asshole," she said.

I blew her a kiss.

A/N:

Y'all like the new cover?

Also please go follow FoodxAddicts it's a collab account I'm making with Noah of noahgaristo

We'll publish our first book in 2017. So follow us so you can be notified when that comes out.

Next update in half an hour