Chapter Three

1822 — Hastings, Sussex, England   

   Eleanor Fraser made her way through the only whore house located in the centre of her coastal town. She could hear the laughter and moans around her, smell both the blood and the alcohol, feel the stares of the women and drunken men that made their daily visits. Klaus decided to accompany her, to give her reassurance that she could kill this man and rid a scum like him from this world. He felt as if he needed to accompany her, protect her from anything that could occur. 

   "May I help you?" A blond woman asked as she made her way to them, licking her lips as she stared at Klaus with hungry eyes.

   He chuckled and looked into her eyes. "I'm searching for Captain Thure Lindhart," he told her. "Where is he?" He knew that the only way he would be given the answer was if he used compulsion.

   "Fourth room on your right," she responded monotonously. "He's in there with three of my girls."

  "Great," Klaus said, looking down at Eleanor. "It's showtime, Love."

   Eleanor followed him up the stairs and through the hallway, stopping in front of the fourth room on her right. The door was ajar, and she could hear laughter and moans from inside. The voices were feminine, and then the male moan that caused her to tighten her grip on her dress reached her ears. A hand on her shoulder suddenly calmed down the rage that boiled in her. She turned her head to see Klaus standing behind her, a soft smirk around his lips. "Let's make this dramatic, shall we?" he mused as he pushed the door open and walked in. The girls inside yelled, and she heard how they reached for whatever piece of clothing that they could reach.

   "What the hell?" Thure yelled. 

   "Ladies," Klaus announced loudly as he walked around the bright room. "Please, go back to your rooms." His footsteps were gentle, almost faint. 

   "What do you think you're doing?" Thure yelled. 

   "Leave!" Klaus compelled the woman, and they did just as he said. They brushed past Eleanor, dressing themselves in a haste, and she watched them mumble about how rude Klaus was, how rude and attractive he was. She turned back to the scene in front of her, seeing Klaus standing in front of the bed as Thure dressed himself with a cigarette between his lips and an angry look in his eyes. 

   "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he asked Klaus, pulling up his trousers. "You can't just send them out, I paid for those whores!"

   "Well, you should have thought deeply before coming back," Klaus chuckled. "How long have you been coming here, Captain Thure? Ten, twenty, years? You've brought girls here and made them become whores."

   "What's it to you?" Thure spat, glaring.

   Klaus shrugged his shoulders and moved to the empty seat by the window. "It means nothing to me, truly," he told him, "but, it does mean something to my friend."

   "Your friend?" Thure looked suspiciously at Klaus, tilting his head to the side.

   "My friend," Klaus continued, "will be very happy to see you're still alive and well." He looked at the door and raised his hand, signalling her to come in with his fingers. "Not for long, of course."

   Slowly, Eleanor emerged from the darkness. With a straight face, she looked at Thure. Klaus had taught her how to control her emotions, and she had done so with little training. It was one of the perks of being a vampire, to control ones emotions as if it were a magic . She, slowly, made her way to the centre of the room, keeping her blue eyes on the man that looked sick and terrified.