Chapter eleven

It's been a few days from the whole James accident and Eric has been ignoring me and has been rude. I wasn't sure why. Every time I go to talk to him either ignores me and pretends that I'm not there or he's a total asshole. I told Peter what happened and that Eric has been ignoring me. He says that maybe Eric has a lot of stuff on his plate with the end off stage one here. I don't think that's it.

Today was the day of the final fight and it was the last day in stage one. Peter and I got there a half hour early to practice on the bags.

"Who do you think you'll go against today?" I asked

"I have no clue. Probably Will or James since they've been doing great. What about you?"

"Most likely Molly. She hasn't lost a fight yet and neither have I" I shrugged

"Dude, I would love to see that!" Peter stated "you could kick her ass"

I just laughed and continued hitting the bag

"Alright. Gather around!" Eric snapped

Great, he's in a bad mood again

"Final fights today. This is the last score of the first stage. Make it count" Four said

"Here's the first fights before lunch"

Peter/Will

Lily/James

Tris/Christina

Wait. Lily and James. You have to be kidding me. I was better but James is bigger than I am.

"Eric, there has to be a mistake"

"No mistake initiate. You will face James. What, unless you're afriad" He sneered

"Four-"

"Eric, you can't be serious about this" Four stated

"My decision stands" Eric barked "Lily and James. You're first"

"He can't be serious about this Lil," Peter whispered

"He is. I have no idea what I did to him but he's pissed at me for something" I whispered back taking my shoes off and my sweater

"You're better than him. You can do this. It just make take a lot" Peter stated

"Thanks for that boost of confidence" I replied sarcastically

"Today initiate" Eric rolled his eyes as Four began to whisper something to him "Begin" and I didn't get to figure out what it was before James came charging at me.

James didn't waste anytime. He swung and hit me right in the jaw knocking me back a little bit. I shook my head and got into my zone. I swung and he blocked but what he wasn't expecting was for my foot to hit him square in the ribs. He clutched his side and I used this as an opening and punched him as hard a I could in the jaw.

I wasn't holding back this time. I was pissed. Pissed at Eric for this match. Pissed at James for trying to kill me. Pissed at Al. Pissed at every thing.

I went to kick him again and he grabbed my leg and slammed me down on the mat. My head bouncing off the hard surface. My vision was blurring and I could see James above me and he hit my jaw again.

I was so done with this. I brought my feet up and shoved him back with all my strength and he land on his back across the ring. I took the second to catch my breathe and look at Eric.

Whatever Four told him made him look pale. Like every pale. I could see pain in his eyes. Pain for what? He's the one who set this match up.

I was brought back to reality when I felt my hair being pulled. "Honey, just give up. You won't win. But we can still celebrate later," James whispered