Chapter Fourteen: Tuesday's gone [EDITED]

(A/N): Again my friends there is a little sexual content, not much though just some playing around! shhh. ;)

Chapter Fourteen: Tuesday's gone

It feels amazing to be back on the field that I have spent so many days on. The soft turf below my feet and the still, beautiful atmosphere around me. Everytime I close my eyes in this place I can see the stands full with people, their cheer erupting through it. But for now, in the moment I open my eyes to see Jeanie, her blonde hair nothing but a streak behind her as she runs.

She loves it here almost as much as I do.

“As if you thought you would get away with not telling us you’re here for the weekend!”

I turn to see Maggie, same as always, her crazy hair and green eyes gleaming at me. She stands next to Jesse their smiles wide and plastered on their faces. They both run and hug me tightly as we stand at centre fields. Hugs tight enough that they would surely leave large bruises for Niall to question later. Brad isn’t far behind his hand tangled into a face that I’ve come to love so much. “I shoulda known you were slumming with  my best friend,” I say to Lizzy.

Her face is sun kissed and plaster with a smile. “I shoulda guessed you’ve been snagging the coaches son.” She replies with a wink.

Bradley stands quietly as always, his personality made him that way.Quiet and stern yet when he came around, once you get to know him he is goofy and funny. He looks happy and that only made me happier. I can feel Niall’s hand on the back of my spine, his fingers are rubbing the spot just above my pant line.

Jean tucks herself into the crook of my spine and her arms wrap tightly around me like I am going to disappear. The thought sadly, was unsettling to me and completely untrue.

“You guys all look like you’ve had enough fun, how about some ice cream?” Brad suggest and Jeanie looks at me. I nod and she runs to his side asking him about all the different flavours.

We walk from the arena towards the cafe, taking in the fresh air that is around us. The houses the same and the smell of fresh flowers in the air. It doesn’t take long until we are standing outside the cafe and everyone is walking inside.

“How are you?” Bradley asks holding me back from the group.

“Just fine, now that my life is stress free. I feel like everything is better.”

“I’m glad,” He says looking at me still very much concerned. Over the years I have learned all of his expressions and what certain looks meant.

I can read him like a book.

“Everything is fine Brad,”  I say to him. “I’m scared, why shouldn’t I be? But there’s so much to do, if I stand in one place for too long I just nervous that the world is moving on without me.”

He shakes his head and doesn’t say a word to me “ I just need to finish what I set out to do and I’ll be fine.”

“When are you going to tell her, she needs to know Sarah,” He finally says to me.

“Not now Brad, not when everything is good for her for once. She’s finally being a kid again and I refuse to ruin that for her.” I say to him, “I promise I’ll tell her Bradley.”

He nods, trusting my words but not believing me fully. He holds the door open for me as I walk through and into my seat. Maggie is drilling Niall with questions, a nervous laugh coming from him now. The first time they had met Maggie was drunk, and so was I for that matter.