Trust No One.

Mabel

Dipper hadn't told her where he'd gone, he hadn't apologised for making her worry. He hadn't even said goodnight. She didn't know what was up but she was determined to try and find out. So when Dipper left the next day she opened his draws and cupboard to try and find some sort of clue. She found a journal. It was filled with Dipper's recollection of every crazy adventure they'd had that summer. Each page marked with the pine tree logo from his hat and the shooting star logo from Mabel's favourite jumper.

Until she reached the previous day. Only the pine tree logo was sketched into the corner.

I went into the forest today to visit the Multibear. He seems to get it. But the infinite possibilities that I'm mistaking dumb silence as understanding is forever going to nag at my mind. I don't think anyone I can talk to would truly relate to how I feel, and thus I am alone in the wide universe of great and mysterious things. One of the most illusive mysteries the world has presented to me is the human's ability to trust and betray. Ford tried telling me how I should treat Mabel, I don't think he has any relative say in my life, none of them do. If I ever make it big in this cruel existence it would be thanks to my own actions and hard work. Of this I am sure.

That's all for today.

Mabel didn't know what to think of it. All she'd learned was that Dipper had gone to the Multibear, it wasn't that odd. They were friends so why couldn't he have told her? She put the journal back where she'd found it and went down stairs to talk to Stan. He was watching television and though she knew he hated it when she did, she positioned herself in front of the TV. "Kid it was just getting good..." He sighed.

"Grunkle Stan, I'm worried about Dipper. I read his journal and-"

"Woah, woah, squirt. You read his journal? Doesn't that... I don't know, break some sort of sacred sibling trust or something?"

"Just listen. I read his journal and he sounded really bummed out. He went and saw the Multibear yesterday and I don't get why he couldn't tell me."

"Look kid, Dipper is getting to that awkward age where his feelings are confusing and everything seems like it sucks. It's called becoming an adult."

"But-"

"Just let him be his own person. He's still your twin. But maybe he needs his space." Stan then waved the remote. "Now move, 3:00 is Grunkle Stan TV Time."

Dipper

Trust no one.

His hand brushed over the words messily written in red ink. "Trust no one..." He murmured.

"Did you say something, Cub?" The Multibear asked. Dipper snapped the book closed and shook his head. 'Disco Girl' played pleasantly in the background and the bear had tidied up most of the bones in the cave. He stood up and walked to the entrance.

"I'm going to get some fresh air, I'll be back soon." Dipper murmured.

"Don't wander too far, not all bears like BABBA." The Multibear chuckled.
---

Under a large old Pine Dipper paused in his feverish speed walking. His mind wasn't any clearer than when he started. Time with the Multibear and away from his relatives had given him room to breathe. "Maybe I'm over reacting." He sighed. "I should talk to Mabel."

"So she can break your heart again." Said a painfully familiar shrill voice. Dipper looked up to see Bill Cipher looking down at him.

"Go away, I'm not in the mood." Dipper growled.

"Oh, come one Pine-Tree. We have good memories together don't we?"

"No."

"Harsh. That's why I like you, Pine Tree. You tell it like it is. Not like Shooting Star, with her mushy love and trust."

"Go away Bill."

"It must hurt though."

"Shut up."

"I mean she just completely tossed you aside."

"Shut UP."

"Like you were nothing. I'm a heartless demon and even I know that's cruel."

"SHUT UP!" Dipper threw a rock, disrupting the image of Bill. There was an eerie laugh as he faded. Dipper growled irritably and leaned his back against the tree. All thoughts of talking to Mabel about his worries had been tossed aside. Which Dipper didn't realise was Bill's goal all along.