Falling Into Black.

Ford

Ford hadn't spoken to Dipper much, in fact he'd avoided the moody boy. That was until he needed his journals back. "Hey, kiddo." He said almost nervously. The dulled look he received almost made him want to turn around and go back to the basement. "Um, well you see, I need my journals back for a bit. I'll photo copy them and you can have them back, okay?" Dipper stood up and with out a word he dropped the three books on the table and left the room. Soon after Stan came in with a coffee.

"You look like you've been slapped in the face with a fish." He said sipping the coffee.

"Does Dipper hate me?" Ford asked.

"No. I don't think so. Why?"

"He just... Never mind, I'm probably over thinking it." He muttered. It didn't take long to photocopy the journals and he walked upstairs to return the journals when he over heard a heated discussion between Mabel and Dipper.

"You don't talk to me anymore." Mabel was saying.

"We talk plenty." Ford flinched. Dippers voice was so flat and monotonous.

"But you don't 'talk' to me anymore." She said. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" He replied. "Look can you just back off, your getting annoying." There was silence and then sniffling. Ford had to jump back in order not to get hit by the door as Mabel rushed out. He walked in and sat on the bed next to Dipper.

"Are you and Mabel fighting?" He asked.

"Can I have the journals now?" Dipper snapped. Ford handed him the journals.

"Dipper, I'm going to ask you a question. I don't want you to answer me with another question." Ford said sternly. "Are you okay."

"No. I'm not." He huffed.

"Why?"

"You ever feel like there is a hole in your chest?"

"Uh..."

"We're done here." Dipper stood up and left Ford sitting in the attic alone. He noticed a note book lying open on the bed. He felt bad reading Dipper's private thoughts but he still looked at the page.

He visited when I slept again. His words are sweet almost kind but I know the truth, he always has a hidden agenda. I'm not falling for it. He acts like he cares but he doesn't. A while ago I'd have said he was the worst being to ever exist but I'm not so sure anymore. I can't say talking to him is that horrible anymore. He makes some compelling points. There's no harm in talking to him, I just have to refuse his deals. It's not like he's trying to hurt me at this point. I'll be careful but for now he's the one who makes me feel numb from the hurt.

That's all for today.

"Do you mind." Ford jumped as he realised Dipper had returned. He closed the book and tucked it into his vest. "Don't go sticking your nose in my business, I don't know you. I don't trust you." He said coldly walking out again.

Mabel

"Then he called me annoying!" She cried. "I don't know what's gotten into him." Wendy frowned, sure Mabel and Dipper had their little snips at each other but they'd always had a great relationship. Like best friends. She began to pat the distressed girl's head.

"I'll talk to him if you want." She offered. Mabel just cried and Wendy spotted Dipper outside the shack staring into space. She wiped away Mabel's tears and told her to stay put as she went to confront Dipper.

"Hey." She called. Dipper didn't turn but signalled that he'd heard her when his clenched fist loosened. "Mabel is inside bawling her eyes out." His fist clenched again.

"Oh. That's sad." He said through what she guessed was gritted teeth.

"What's going on with you two?"

"You wouldn't know. All you do is break hearts." He snarled. She took a step back. "It's fun isn't it, to play a game with people who love you? Me. Robbie. However many other guys fell for you."

"Hey we aren't talking about me." She snapped. He looked back with a cold expression.

"Correction. We aren't talking at all." He walked away. Wendy blinked and felt her eyes sting with tears. She walked back inside and Mabel looked up hopefully. Wendy could see her hope shattered as she watched tears fall down Wendy's cheeks.