Women or Men?

This chapter is dedicated to iluvA6, because her name is Melanie, we have awesome convo's (she likes the word awesome), and I made a long distance piny promise that I would upload yesterday but that didn't work out. Hope you like this chap! :)

Chapter 28: Women or Men?

Lena’s P.O.V

My head was spinning, and I could barely make sense of my thoughts. It felt like I was drunk and that I had no control over myself. Strangely it felt great. I wondered how this had happened to me, but I soon came to the conclusion that Kim’s drink actually did have some kind of effect although I was scared it wouldn’t be the one I was hoping for.

I walked on over to the cashier where Alex was working with my sour gummy worms. At least I was getting one good thing out of this and that would be my worms. Not Alex.Weirdly enough, every meter I got closer, Alex got hotter. I’m not going to lie. Alex is hot with his tanned skin and dark mysterious eyes, but he’s just not my type. At least that’s what I thought until now. There was no queue so I immediately found myself in front of Alex. He looked up at me and I was surprised at his eyes. I had never really looked into them, so I had never seen all the hurt and emotions behind them. I was starting to see why Will saw potential in this guy for me. Emotionally damaged people go well together.

“Hey. You’re Lena right?” A deep voice interrupted my thoughts. “Is that all you want?”

I snapped out of my daydream and came back to reality. Alex was looking at me strangely… probably because I had been staring into his eyes.

“Yeah, that’s my name… and you’re Alex?” I said hurriedly trying to keep my voice cool.

“Uh-huh. So that will be a dollar.”

“Huh what?” I asked intelligently.

“The gummy worms. They cost a dollar.” Alex repeated a bit more slowly.

“Oh of course!” I exclaimed as I cursed myself silently. I started rummaging through my bag, when I realized that I forgot my wallet in Will’s car. “I forgot my wallet.” I mumbled embarrassed. I was about to walk away and put the worms back on their shelf, when Alex grabbed me at the arm, and whispered, “Just take them. I’ll pretend I didn’t see you.”

“You want me to steal them?” I whispered back shocked.

“Sure! It’s not like a dollar is going to change anything.” Alex replied nonchalantly.

“Maybe not, but it will lay on my conscious.”

“Live a little, Lena. It’s not like you’ve never stolen anything in your life.”

I didn’t answer, but just looked down at my feet.

“Huh? So you have never ever stolen anything in your whole entire life? Wow. Respect.” Alex said. “Well everything has it’s first. Go on. Take it. You won’t get into any trouble.”

“It’s not worth it.” I said carefully as I started to retreat from Alex, but then his next words stopped me in my track.

“Not worth it? Are you serious? Sour gummy worms are worth diamonds. The guy that invented those worms was a genius.” Alex exclaimed.

“Who says a guy invented sour gummy worms? I always thought that such deliciousness could only have been made by a woman.” I answered as I slowly walked back to him.

Alex let out a deep laugh, which brought a smile to my face, but it soon disappeared when he said, “A woman wouldn’t be capable of it. Men have invented the most important things in life like airplanes, electricity, Internet, microscopes… do you want me to continue? So naturally sour gummy worms were invented by a man!”