Chapter Ten

"Evan Tombers report directly to the guidance office. Evan Tombers report directly to the guidance office please," A shrewd voice calls over the intercom.

Gansey hums thoughtfully and looks at Ronan, who is looking at Adam, who is looking at Gansey. "What is it Gansey? You keep getting this sour look on your face," Adam announces.

"I'm sure it's nothing," Gansey murmurs in reply.

Ronan squints his eyes and belches loudly,"Out with it you secretive bastard."

Gansey sighs in frustration and looks to Ronan. "No I honestly don't know, but I'll let you know when I do."

"Whatever you say man," Ronan says, shrugging it off.

Meanwhile, Adam himself has the same nagging sensation in the back of his mind that Gansey does. Therefore, he is not as easy to dismiss this. Nevertheless, for the moment, he shakes his head and brings about a more relevant topic. "Why do you think Professor Greenmantle is out today?"

The three look at the front of the classroom where their tacky substitute who looks fresh out of college sits at her desk and stares mindlessly at her laptop screen.

"Probably sick," Ronan shrugs."Unless he was kidnapped by a band of fucking ninjas or some shit!" He cries out, dramatically sinister.

Adam rolls his eyes while Gansey rubs his chin and pretends to contemplate this."Yes yes, but how would the ninjas get past security?" Gansey inquires.

"Easy!" Ronan barks. "They're fucking ninjas they can run up the walls and slide in the shadows and shit."

"Which is theoretically impossible in this universe," Gansey states, wagging his finger. "Which must mean that they are?" He questions them encouragingly.

"Actual aliens! Or Pop stars! Or anime characters!" Ronan shouts answers out with maximum speed.

Gansey sighs a mighty sigh and retorts,"Close, my dear Watson, but not at all."

"They're from another dimension," Adam says smugly.

Gansey smiles brightly,"Brilliant dear boy! Pure brilliance."

"Fuck. That was my next guess," Ronan grumbles. Together they all share in a moment of breathless laughter. It has been quite a while since the three of them had all been together and had a happy conversation just for the hell of it, and they all realize this.

"You know what guys, it's Friday and we're finally allowed out into town again. Why don't we all go out for a while?" Gansey suggest with a large smile upon his face and the sun shining through his eyes. Gansey always has power shining  from his eyes, it is a well known fact by anyone who is willing to look.

"Sounds good to me," Adam says, smiling. He wants to decline and get some actual sleep for once, but decides that a night out with his friends and away from school would just be best for everyone.

Ronan shrugs in agreement. "Great!" Gansey declares."We'll ask Jane and Noah at lunch and then it's all settled."

Adam rolls his eyes."You know her name is Blue, Gansey."