Chapter20:The One I Need

Luca
I only stared at Lila after she told me who Niccolo was.

"What?.....What. The. Fuck are you talking about. I have the best spies including myself watch Dani ever since she was a kid...she's not fucking married to anyone much less kissed a fucking guy and now you're telling me she's married? You are fucking out of your mind if you think I'd believe you" I spoke harshly aggravated by the mere fact that she was glaring back at me. She can't be telling the truth, I've watched Dani so closely I'd know if something was up.

 She can't be telling the truth, I've watched Dani so closely I'd know if something was up

<<Luca>>

"Ugh you dumb dipshit! She fucking knew you were watching her ever since she turned 8. She became careful, secretive even. Her first kiss was with Niccolo, fell head over heels for the asshole who treated her no more than a weapon. I doubt she's a virgin, Niccolo always did have a stupidly active sex drive. Cheated on her more times than my hands could count" she scowled at me grabbing Dani before she fell off the chair. Once again I was speechless. I knew Dani was good but I didn't know it was to the extent where she was literally manipulating the events at the palm of her hands...had she not been shot on the temple she'd still be controlling every move we make without us even knowing. I was even more filled with rage finding out about Niccolo.... I'm gonna punch his face in when I see him.

"The four years..." I mumbled disbelievingly, shaking my head still shocked by the revelations .i cradled my head in the palms of my hands as my elbows rested on my knees. I still can't believe it. How? How could she single handedly control us without us even knowing. Lila sighed as if reminiscing a dark memory.

"Four years we hid her from Niccolo. See, Niccolo believes in kill this and kill that or I'll kill you. Dani...she believes in humanity. So when Niccolo raided the Costellos he'd expect everyone dead... But Dani saw the Costello girls running away and she let them, Niccolo saw and he didn't like it. He went on and on about stupidity and cowardice, then the next thing we knew blam! he shot Dani at long range and left like nothing happened." Lila groaned as tears streamed down her cheeks, she stared at Dani lovingly and turned to me

"She's like a sister to me. She's a good person Luca, that's why I brought her to you. I know you'll give her the love she deserves. I didn't want you to know but I have no choice, Niccolo knows she's alive and he's hunting her down. You have to make her fall for you before Niccolo finds her...that or when she gets her memory back, knowing her she'll go for Nic. The doctors said there's a 60% chance she'd regain her memory but it's been months and still nothing " Lila was in hysterics as she finished I caressed her back and looked over to Dani who was sleeping peacefully on the couch. What were you up to all this time Daniella Shaw?

*****

Dani

There was a voodoo tribe making drum rituals in my head and I could feel the earth rotating. Or maybe it was just my hangover. The sun was blinding me as a hand continuously caressed my head, the person it belonged to hummed a distinctly familiar tune I recognized from my childhood, I didn't dwell on it too much because my head felt like my brain was in a blender set to smoothie mode