#35 - Ryland Lynch

"This is nice." Riker walked off hand in hand with Savannah, and Ross went off in the same direction, latched onto Courtney.

Soon, Rydel and Ellington along with my parents did the same, leaving Rocky and I to explore the dark music store by ourselves.

"Being single sucks." I commented, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"It's not very bad, you can flirt with people." He looked to the tall blonde behind the counter, who smirked back at him with a wink. He patted my shoulder. "Will you be okay alone?"

"Course." I nodded and he cantered off in her direction. I picked up a vinyl of The Struts and walked over to the phonograph. I tried placing the needle on it, but it continued to bounce off and produce an ugly noise as it did so.

That was until two delicate hands came to my rescue, landing the needle precisely on the first song. I looked to the side, a girl with brown hair looking back at me with a smile. "You have to be gentle with it."

"I gathered that after you did it." I replied.

"Can I help you with anything?" She asked.

I shook my head, but immediately turned it into a nod as the sparkle in her eyes was lost for a split second. "I would like you to help me find the perfect soundtrack for a date.." I looked at her name tag. "Lucy."

"Follow me." She clearly didn't take the hint.

We spoke about anything and everything as we walked through shelves and shelves of music, connecting on levels we didn't know ourselves.

"Will you go on a date with me?" I eventually blurted out. Lucy laughed. "What?"

"I live in England, Ryland. You're leaving to Scotland tomorrow, then back and to Ireland." She fished out her pick necklace from inside her flannel. "It would be an honour-"

"Dude, I'm not saying move to America with me. I just want to get to know you better."

She thought hesitantly. "I'll take it into consideration."

"I'll bring you to the concert tonight.." She gasped. "What?"

"I didn't get tickets."

"Round up a few friends in a bit and I'll get you in."

Lucy shrieked, then covered her mouth. She then jumped me, for a hug. I couldn't help but return it, however, she jumped back before I could properly hug her. "Sorry, but thank you so much!"

"Is that a yes, then?" I asked, keen.

"Fine, there's a cool place down here, we can go there after the concert if you wish." She tried to hide her smile but it didn't work. I grinned.

"Sounds great."

for LucylovesR5 💖