Chapter 22 - Distraction

Seeing Emily and my best friend making out at a club infuriates me, and I have to do all that I can to keep the bile in my throat to stay down. My breathing becomes ragged and I bet my face has a very unattractive scowl on it.  

Clenching and unclenching my fists at my side, I can't bring myself to look away from the couple. It takes a lot of effort, but I refrain from going over to them and ripping Emily's head off.  

"Maddie." Kian runs his hand down my arm all the way to my hand, pushing his fingers into my fist, trying to pry my hand open. "Look at me." 

I clench my jaw and let him open up my hand, Kian intertwining our fingers. He tugs on my hand until I finally look away from my best friend and the slut on top of him.  

"What?" I snap at him, accidentally directing my anger at him. He flinches at my harsh tone.  

"Calm down, baby," he soothes. Wrapping his arm around my waist, he pulls me closer to him.  

"Why does she always seem to be wherever we are?" I growl.  

Not only is she shoving her tongue down my best friend's throat, but she always seems to be intervening I things that include me. She is always at the right place and the right time and there is no way it's a coincidence anymore.  

"Call him," Kian suggests, making no sense.  

"What?" I look at him like he's retarded, not understanding what calling him would help.  

He rolls his eyes at me, reaching around me and pulling my phone out of my pocket, handing it to me.  

"Call him," he repeats, grabbing my arm and dragging me away.  

"What will that help?" I snarl, not understanding him.  

He groans, grabbing my phone and dialing Andy, the holds it up to me ear.  

"Tell him you don't feel good so were going back to your house," he orders. I roll my eyes, annoyed with Kian. "Seriously. He'll do anything for you." 

After a few rings, Andy picks up.  

"What?" He says angrily.  

"Andy, I don't feel good," I whine. Kian gives me a thumbs up.  

"What's wrong?" His tone has changed completely, now with concern lacing it.  

"I don't know, I just can hardly stand up," I lie. Kian nods, grabbing my arm and wrapping it around his shoulders as if he's helping me walk. He takes me to the closest exit and we stand by it.  

"Alright, where are you? Is Filly with you?" He asks, a shuffling noise from the other side. I hear Emily's annoying voice in the background complaining about something.  

"I'm at the back entrance. And I haven't called Filly yet." Kian kisses my cheek and soon enough, Andy shows up next to me, Emily no were in sight.  

When he shows up, I hold onto my stomach and put more of m weight on Kian, trying to fake my sickness.  

"I'll call Filly," he says, looking at me with worried eyes while he puts his phone to his ear.  

When Filly arrives, she looks at me with confusion, but then let's it go. Andy wraps my other arm around his shoulder and him and Kian walk me out.  

Once we're back at my house, Kian picks me up bridal style and carries me inside. He lays me on the couch before sitting next to me, laying my feet over his lap.  

"Do you need anything, Madz?" Andy asks, desperate to help.  

"Nah, I'm good. Thanks, Andy." I smile at me loving best friend, and I can't help but feel guilty.

***** 

I wake up the next morning, and I instantly go downstairs to start cooking my breakfast.  

"Hey dad," I greet him when I see him sitting on the couch. "You off today?" 

I continue walking towards the kitchen and he stands up and follows me.  

"Nope, sorry sweetie," he says, putting a hand on my shoulder. "I just don't have to go in as early."  

I smile at him, feeling how much I miss him lately. "You want me to make breakfast?" 

"Sure!" He answers, grinning.  

I quickly make him French toast and bacon and then we sit down at the breakfast bar together.  

"So you having fun with your friends?" He asks, curiosity in his eyes.  

"Yeah! Thanks for inviting them!" I say, happy to just be having a conversation with my dad.  

We continue talking about the most random things ever before he has to leave for work.  

"Bye Madison! Love you." Dad pulls me in for a hug and kisses my cheek.  

"Love you, Dad. Have a good day at work!" I return his hug, enjoying the embrace.  

He walks to the door and waves at me as he walks out.  

After he's gone, I clean up the kitchen, washing the skillet I used earlier so I can cook for Filly and Andy and possibly Kian.  

"Maddie?" I hear.  

I turn around to see a sleepy-eyed Andy standing at the edge of the kitchen.  

"Good morning Andy." I smile at him before going back to cleaning.  

"You feeling better?" He asks politely.  

"Yeah! I'm feeling a lot better!" I reply.  

I look to my left, seeing Andy now right next to me.  

I jump, my heart racing.  

"Don't do that!" I say, laughing and pointing a spatula out at him.  

"Can we talk?" Andy asks cautiously.  

"Of course! What's up?" I turn to him and give him my full attention.  

"Well, lately I've been experiencing something very strange." He looks down at his feet, tapping his fingers against his leg.  

"Like what?" I encourage him to continue.  

"Well, when I got here, I was so excited to see you. And then I met Kian," he says, chewing on his lip.  

I can already guess where this is going. And this will probably confirm Filly and I's suspicion of him being gay, not that it makes a difference to us.  

"Well I'm just gonna cut to it or ill never say it." He looks me in the eyes and I raise an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to continue. "Maddie, I think I'm in love with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I'm sorry it's been so long since the last update! Watt pad is being stupid and deleting my chapter so I decided to not write it directly on way toad but rather on a note app.  

But I hope this is long-ish...  

I wasn't originally going to write this because I was really upset that it kept deleting it, but when I got on this morning and saw that the last chapter had FOURTY-FIVE FREAKING VOTES, I couldn't not write this for you guys!:) thanks sooooo much y'all!

xox -Delilah