Chapter 12

Thank you guys for your support! Please don't forget to comment/vote/follow, it motivates me to write ;)

–Seru Senpai, Commander-in-Chief of Yaoi Army

____________________________

I woke up, and Akihiko's arms and legs were around me. The pillow barrier in between us was gone. I put myself in this situation again.

Why bother placing a pillow barrier?

Should I pretend to be sleeping again?

Or should I struggle?

I started to fidget and felt something hard poked my back.

Akihiko softly whimpered.

Akihiko: What...are...you...doing? Stay here!

He tightened his grip.

Harumi: Today is my examination. I'm going to be late at this rate. Let go already, Akihiko.

I blew a puff of air on his face, and there was no response. I blew harder, and he groaned.

He wasn't waking up, and I couldn't really move. I didn't know what else to do.

Wait, I could move my head. I leaned forward and bit his lips.

Akihiko opened his eyes and realized the situation. He quickly released me from his grip, got up and pretended nothing happened. He avoided my look and walked towards the bathroom.

Akihiko: Hurry up, you'll be late.

I checked my wrist and the link magic symbol was still there. I pointed this out to Akihiko.

Akihiko: That's interesting. Last time, it only lasted a day. Now, it lasted for more than twenty four hours. That's fascinating...I wonder why...I'll make a note of it.

Akihiko grabbed my wrist to take a closer look.

Akihiko: Hmm...you could tell that the mark was a bit faded compare to yesterday. Don't you think so?

I took a closer look at it. It did appear a bit faded.

Akihiko: Just to make sure, I'll cast the link magic spell again for your examination.

He cast the spell along with the other preparatory things that we had to do.

The mark became prominent again on my wrist.

Akihiko: This is really interesting...It went back to the way it was when I cast the spell again. It was completely gone the other day... We still don't know much about this spell. We just need to be cautious until you get stronger.

Harumi: Yea...thank you, Akihiko.

____________________________________

We got ready, and Akihiko accompanied me to the testing area. We were greeted by Sebastian along with two unknown people. They looked like a higher ranked wizards because of their elaborate clothing and medallions. I wondered as to why they would want to see my examination.

Sebastian: Good morning, Akihiko and Harumi. Grand Cross Wizard Xiel Vermillion and Grand Officer James Yuri will be joining us today.

Xiel: Good morning, Harumi. It's a pleasure to finally meet our new student. Don't get too nervous. If you are trained properly, you don't have to worry about failing.

James: Good morning, Harumi Rei. It's also a pleasure to meet you. I wish you the best of luck.

I was nervous because they acted a bit casual towards a student like me. They were high ranked wizards, and I was nothing compare to them. Still, I had to pay them a proper respect.