Part twenty

A week passed with us all preparing and recording the album. We have been working our ass off on this album. We used to work for hours and Navya used to care for our well being, like our food and used to keep reminding us to take rest. While Nancy and my brother RishaBh mostly used to be around recording all this on a camera. I was confused I didn't know what was going on in fab5's mind that they allowed them to record every damn thing going on around.

Apart from that what really caught my attention was Navya's over-attentiveness towards Cabir and most shockingly Cabir returning her the same attention. I asked Manik about the same to which he said," Nandini you're overthinking. Over years, both of them have become thick friends. They've become so used to each other that they realise each other's needs and feelings without telling each other. They have got strong understanding between them."

I was still not convinced. So I put forward my point,"Manik you might be right but what if you're not. May be I'm reading too much between the lines, but I've seen the spark in Navya's eyes, the same spark I've in my eyes for you..Alya has for Dhruv. I don't know, I... I.. I have seen the same in Cabir's eyes too."

Manik's eyes shot up. He looked angry. He was about to burst out. He shouted,"Nandini do you have any.."

I cut him in between and said calmly,"Manik I know what I'm saying. Cabir is my friend too and I know that he is gay but may be...you know that he might be...."
I didn't know how to say it and mostly I wasn't sure about Manik's reaction. So I closed my eyes and said everything in a single breathe," Manik he might be bisexual and he might not have realised this yet."

My eyes were still shut. I was expecting Manik to burst out in anger but then I slowly open my eyes to gauge his reaction. He was looking lost in his thoughts. I gave him time to think this through, after all he is the one who has been with the two all these years.

Manik after a while said looking all confused,"Nandini you might be right! May be Navya does love Cabir but held herself back because of Cabir's homosexuality. We should talk to Cabir and Navya. We should make them realise about this."

I nodded. It was late so I just snuggled with him and slept keeping my hand on his chest, where his heart is. I used to sleep peacefully as long as I was in his arms. I was sleeping or a while then I got up and experienced immense pain in my lower abdomen. I moved uneasily in his arms. Manik got up due to the movement. I was unsure of what was happening,actually no I had idea why I had this pain. I got up with a jerk. I asked with wide eyes,"Manik what's the day today?"

Manik looked at me confusingly. He said,"Saturday. What happened to you? Baby, are you fine?"

Oh shit! Its was Saturday. That means it was time for my monthly cycle. I rushed to the washroom. When I came out I saw Manik sitting on the bed all worried. I walked slowly towards the bed. Manik didn't have any idea what was up with me. Thing with me is that during this time is I get lots of cramps and mood swings and on that I'm extremely cranky around this time of the month. So I just wanted to ditch whatever questions Manik had in his mind. I just went and lied on the bed facing away from him.

Manik asked worriedly,"Nandini what happened to you? Are you fine? Baby, are you keeping well?"

I ignored him because I knew I can get irritated easily. I calmly said,"Manik let me sleep. You too sleep."

How can Manik keep quiet so he asked again,"baby you're making me worried now. What has happened all of a sudden?"

Oh god! I turned towards him and said in a high pitched voice," Manik can't you see I'm trying to avoid this. What do you want to know? Don't you know when do girls behave like this? I'm down for Christ's sake! And now if you're done with your Q&A session, can I sleep?" Irritation can be made out from my voice easily.