Chapter 27: And I Will Fly

XXVII. 

"She may not have been the first, but she was the one who changed everything. She may not have been in the crystal ball, but she was the one who stitched the past, stabilized the present, and secured the future."

Camila leaned in, brushing her lips against the shell of Lauren's ear. "Tomorrow right when the sun sets. Everyone is going to be out for the night, and most of the day, so I want you to meet me down on the beach area by the docks."

Lauren looked up, frowning. "What? Wait, where are you going to be? We're not going to be together?"

"No, I'm sorry." Camila had a clever glimmer in her eye. "I have to go now though."

"Camz!" Lauren sat up with a hushed demand, her feet flying over the edge of the bed. "Hold on, where are you going right now? It's the middle of the night."

"You'll figure it out tomorrow, everything will make sense." Camila bit her lip, leaning down and planting a sure kiss to the corner of Lauren's mouth. "You promise you'll meet me there?"

"Fine, I promise."

The next morning, she expected to roll over and curl into Camila, but instead rolled over and nearly fell of the edge of the bed. Freaking out for a split second, Lauren then proceeded to land in a heap on the floor, her head in her arms. "Camila?" She asked into the ground, wondering if the girl was in the bathroom, or hanging around the room somewhere out of sight.

"Nope, just me."

Lauren blinked, lifting her head with snap and gasping as she saw who it was. "Mani?!" The girl got to her feet, rushing towards Normani and throwing herself into the girl's arms. "Oh my god!" She exclaimed, her heart beating out of her chest. "What the fuck? What are you doing here? What' s going on?"

"Happy Birthday beautiful." Normani grinned, hugging Lauren tight and swaying back and forth happily. "You're finally twenty, how do you feel?"

"So confused." Lauren shook her head. "How are you here?"

"Camila arranged it all." Normani smiled. "She flew me up here on points, arranged a hotel and told me to appear in your bedroom first thing in the morning. I don't know what you think, but I feel awful like a really hot female version of Edward Cullen right now. I mean I've been watching you sleep for like fifteen minutes. Real smooth on the getting out of bed act by the way."

"Oh my god." Lauren didn't let go of Normani as she spoke. "Where is Camila now? Is she here?"

"She had to go out." Normani said, pulling Lauren at an arms length and giving her a once over. "Holy shit, you got tanned girl."

"Yeah?"

"Totally." Normani gave her a little shake. "And for someone who lives in the sunshine state I'd say its pretty damn overdue. Come on, get yourself dressed. You slept in way too long, and we have some serious shit to get done today." She gave Lauren a little push towards the attached washroom. "We're going to go out on the town today and make you look all nice."

"Why?"

"Because it's your birthday." Normani said with a grin. "That's the one day of the entire year that you get to let the people who love you treat you like a princess. Lauren Jauregui, today you're not going to have to think about anything."

"Wait... what?" Lauren felt Normani follow just behind her. "What's going on? Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to get your nails done."