Chapter 26 Teri Meri Yeh Zindagi

A few months later..
Narrator's POV
"Aryan... Wake up!" Aashna tugged on the bed covers to get Aryan out of bed.. Aryan irritatingly put the covers in his head.. Today had been like any other day... Aashna was struggling to get Aryan out of bed..
Aashna started hitting Aryan with a pillow and he finally got up lazily..
Aryan's POV
"Can't we not go to work today?" I said pulling Aashna on top of me and holding her tight.
She pushed back and said,"No, you have administrators from the US coming to finalize a deal and...."
I know.. I know.. You are getting an award for your amazing job at the Red Fort's repainting..." I said pushing back strands of Aashna's hair behind her ear..
"Wow, Your memory is better than any other husband... So proud of you baby!" She said pulling my cheeks..
"Ugh.. Stop yaar, anyways let me congratulate you nicely.. I said pulling Aashna back against me.
"Aryan........ Aryan!" She said pushing me away.. "You're such a Kaamchor..."
I chuckled and then got out of bed still sleepy...
Award Function
Aryan's POV
After my meeting, Arshi, Sia, Mom, Siddharth, Aashna, and I all headed to the hall for Aashna's recognition.
"Ladies and Gentlemen.. I would like to announce the reason we are all here... Because of one person, our country's heritage continues to remain priceless... I would like to call Mrs. Aashna Kapoor to the stage to award her for her fabulous effort and hard work! " the announcer said.
Aashna then got up and hugged everyone in the family except .... Me...
I frowned and then shrugged it off just thinking that she might have been too overwhelmed and forgot.
She walked up to the stage and instead of taking the award in her hand, she took the mike...
"Good evening everyone, If you don't mind, I would like to receive this award from someone else.... Someone who has never left my side.. Someone who has been my support and told me never to give up.. Someone who inspires me.. Someone who protects me from any danger...Someone who loves me even more every day.... That someone is.. My husband Aryan Kapoor. He is my life and without him...."
Tears filled my eyes.. I ran up to the stage and took Aashna in my arms..
"I love you so much.." I said burying my face into her hair...
"Me too you idiot.. Itna lumba bashan meine kya aapne liye diya hai?" We both laughed and I then handed the award to Aashna...
"Can we please have the two of you on the dance floor please?" The announcer said. I nodded and took Aashna's hand in mine.......

Aasmaan ke pare ek jahaan hai kahin
Jhooth sach ka wahan qayeda hi nahin
Roshni mein wahan ki alag noor hai
Saaye jismon se aage jahaan jaate hain

Chal wahan jaate hain
Pyaar karne chalo
Hum wahan jaate hain

Seene se tum mere aake lag jaao na
Darte ho kyun zara paas toh aao na

Dhunn meri dhadkano ki suno..

Chal wahan jaate hain
Pyar karne chalo
Hum wahan jaate hain

Oo.. jaate hain
Chal jaate hain
Jaate hain... jaate hain...

Koi subah wahan raat se na mile
Ud ke wahan chalo aao tum hum chale

Pankh laaya hoon main ud chalo...

Chal wahan jaate hain
Pyar karne chalo
Hum wahan jaate hain...