Chp. 1 - My Mate's Alternative

The scent came first, the smell of chocolate and maroccan spice, it sparked my senses and had me searching the school hall for him. The one fate deemed my mate, I don't know what came over me, I left my friends standing in the hall wondering what the hell I was doing. Getting looks from the guys in senior year, because of the shorts that were too short, that my mother forced me to wear, to make me look more feminine. My dark brown hair matched my olive skin, the only thing different was my silver eyes that pierced the heart of any guy who talked to me. The scent was getting stronger and as I rounded the corner, there he was, we were body to body, he had been searching too, knowing that sent my wolf into a full flip inside me. I flicked my eyes up to meet his and the connection happened, the spark you get when you first make eye contact with your mate, a zoo was roaming im my stomach and I could barely control my breathing, it was Holden Knight, my mate was the future Alpha, how'd this happen? My urge was to claw his clothes off and mate with him right now not caring who was watching but I knew better than that. The tension grew between, his eyes were wild with hunger and lust and I imagined mine looked the same way. He lifted his hand and ran his fingers threw my hair, until he realised where he was and who he was with and looked around to see if people saw. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the dark janitors closet, pressing my back against the cool brick wall he crushed his lips onto mine, heated and passionate, we both wanted it. Taking in the softness of his lips, feeling his muscles through his shirt. Revelling in the feeling of his hands moving along my body, how his lips trailed my jaw and moved down neck, kissing all the right places, until suddenly he was gone. 

He flicked on the light and I watched as he paced around the tiny room, until his eyes landed on mine and I knew I wasn't going to like what he had to say. 

"I love you and I never realised how much I would. but i'm sixteen, i'm at the peak of being a man, I don't want a mate right now. I'm not rejecting you, I would never do that, but I just need to enjoy being single, do you understand?" how could he think I would, 

"No I don't. I'm your mate, how could you want to be with anybody else?" didn't he understand how much it's going to hurt me?

"Lily please, try and see it from my point of view, I want to be with you but after highschool. I just need to enjoy being me before I become Alpha and take a Luna" he gestured to me, I was getting angry and so was my wolf, "I know i'm upsetting you and that's not my intent. I love you and I'll need you, now that i've found you, I will need you and you will need me. Just not all the time" he moved his eyes over my body, I wanted to scratch his heart out but my wolf seemed to be satisfied with what he was propsing, 

"So you want me to be a part time mate?" it's happened before and they've stayed true to each others word and mated when they felt ready and are still together. I never thought i'd be a girl to accept that kind of proposal, but being a part time mate is better than having no mate at all. 

"Fine. But do I get to fool around with other guys?" his eyes turned dark and he moved towards me, murder written all over his face, 

"You will not touch another guy, not kissing, not sitting on his lap, not fucking him. If I find out you have I will kill him for touching what is mine" I let a growl escape my mouth and the corner of his mouth lifted up. He made me so mad but I couldn't stay mad which was a problem for me, and the fact that he was my mate made it all the more worse. 

                                                                                  ---

Cooper walked into homeroom without Holden, it's been four months since that day and I've had to watch as he flirted with and kissed other girls. I had to feel his pleasure as he was fucking them and not me, my heart has been broken a million times by him by I don't have the heart to leave. Instead of moving to the back right corner like he usually does, Cooper took the new kid Taylor's spot, who didn't seem to happy about the interference,