26

"Let's not fall in love, we don't know each other very well yet. Actually, I'm a little scared, I'm sorry. Let's not make promises, you never know when tomorrow comes..."

~우리 사랑하지 말아요 (Let's Not Fall in Love)-BigBang

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung laid on the floor for another minute until the pain faded. Jae-hwa's boyfriend hit hard. Even when it had faded a little, it still hurt. It reminded him of how Appa used to--

No. I don't want to remember that.

He stood up, glancing in the direction her boyfriend had gone. He couldn't see him down that way, so he took a step back toward the roof. He'd rather not go the same direction, he didn't want to get another beating. He probably only stopped because I collapsed.

Taehyung clutched his middle lightly as he walked back down the hallway.

When he finally made his way up the stairs, he was half running because he didn't want Jimin to get worried about him. Because he knew he would, Jimin was still tentative about leaving him alone. Because deep down, he still thinks I'm crazy. How could you believe them, Jimin?

On the roof, he was a little out of breath, a little in pain, and it showed, and he hated the looks Jungkook, Jimin and Hana gave him. Pity.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Jungkook asked, in the middle of arranging his lunch.

Hana skipped questions and walked right up to him. Taehyung flinched when she came close enough to touch him. Hana looked down when he did, and he felt like he'd swallowed a rock. It's not you, I just don't want you to know about this.

"Hana-ssi..." He started, then licked his lips before tapping her arm to get her attention, realizing she couldn't hear him saying it. When she looked up, he continued. "Hana-ssi, I'm alright..." I'm lying again. I'm lying. But I can't tell her, I don't want her to know, I don't want her to worry, I don't want to see that look on her face anymore. I don't want her to be like me.

Hana nodded, then gave him a quick one armed hug, since the other arm was in a sling, then she quickly went back to sit next to Jungkook.

Taehyung felt his heart constrict in his chest for a second, then it beat fast, and he watched, his mind absolutely absent of thought as he watched her walk away. Not quite completely absent of thought, but the only clear thought was her name, over and over. Like a rhythm, like a song, like the beat of a butterfly's wings.

Taehyung bit his lip. When other thoughts came back, he caught Jimin smirking. Maybe...Maybe I like her... I can't commit to that kind of relationship, all of this is temporary. But... I like her... I want to...

"What happened to getting a drink, TaeTae?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung looked over at Jimin, not realizing how intently he was staring at Hana until then. "Ah...I didn't get one..." Taehyung cleared his throat, his voice having come out deeper then he'd intended. He dug the dollar out, walking over and giving it back to Jimin.

Jimin gave it right back. "Keep it. Why didn't you go get your drink? I didn't mean what I said about it before," he put a hand to the side of his mouth so Hana couldn't read what he was saying. "Girls would probably have a seizure if they knew about that strawberry milk thing."

They would? Why? What's special about me drinking milk? Taehyung shrugged. "I forgot." Forgot? That sounds dumb, so very dumb. How could I have forgotten?

"You...forgot?" Jimin asked, squinting at Taehyung. "On your way there, you just turned around and said, 'well, gee, I don't remember why I'm walking this way.'?"