17 Home, sweet Home

After countless jumps, they ended up in a dimly lit room. It was a strange experience, to appear out of the blue and immediately disappear again, to arrive at a different place. Yuna felt somewhat confused and her stomach felt sore. Since Yoshiro made no move to further teleport, the girl put her school bag on a metal box beside her.

She looked at her "uncle". A few beads of sweat glistened on his forehead and he seemed to be out of breath.

"The teleportation tires you, right?", she asked curiously.

Yoshiro nodded, walked across the room and took a water bottle from a cupboard. With quick sips the content of the bottle moved into his stomach.

"Yes. My maximum range, when I'm alone, is about eighty meters. Extra weight reduces my reach and increases the energy it costs me."

"Do all powers work like that?"

"No idea. I think so. Though ... yours ... seems to be passive in nature."

"Passive?" Blankly, she looked at Yoshiro.

"You don't need to activate it at will."

This made some sense. In a strange way. Her power had peen permanent active without her doing anything. Perhaps there was a way that she could turn her power off too?

"Do you want something to drink or eat? I also have snacks and such stuff."

"I had no Vanilla Cola for an eternity."

Yoshiro laughed. "Your favorite beverage."

Yuna smiled for the first time, since they had met again. "Yes."

"I'm sorry, but I don't have any."

"That's okay. I'll have a bottle of water."

Yoshiro picked up another PET bottle from the closet and threw it over to Yuna, but she grabbed by and the bottle fell to the ground. "Sorry. I hadn't thought of it.", apologized Yoshiro and came over to pick up the bottle.

"I don't understand." Yuna stared irritated at her hand. "I caught the bottle."

"Your brain has not yet fully adjusted to your new situation."

Her "uncle" handed her the bottle. Slowly, Yuna felt for the lid and turned it open. Somehow her vision was blurred. Her hand was not where it seemed to be.

"Indeed. It's all a bit off. I haven't noticed that so far." The blue-haired remembered her breakfast. She did have some trouble to eat with the chopsticks, but she thought that was because she was exhausted.

"You will get used to it."

"Are you sure?" She was a little doubtful about this statement.

"The human brain is capable of amazing things."

Yuna took a sip of water and looked around the room. It was stuffed with various boxes made of wood, metal and plastic. Some neon lights lit up the room rather bad and between all the junk was a large sofa with a blanket on it. It looked more like a warehouse than a dwelling.

"You live here?!", she wondered.

"It looks worse than it is. Though I must admit that it's not going to suit your needs."