Chapter 28

Thank you guys for your support! Please don't forget to comment/vote/follow, it motivates me to write ;)

–Seru Senpai, Commander-in-Chief of Yaoi Army

_________________________

The bell rang, and I went directly to class. I was trying to catch my breath and regain my composure.

I sat down and wipe my tears. Good thing I was the only here.

Few minutes later, Usagi and Aki walked in and appeared disappointed. I avoided them and put down my head on my desk.

Usagi: Haru...I'm sorry—

I didn't budge.

Aki tried to reach my shoulder, and I shook him off.

Aki: I'm sorry, Haru.

I raised my head up and faced forward. I could feel the weight of Usagi and Aki's stares. I tried my best to ignore it.

Asami came in and sat down in his chair. For a brief moment, our eyes met. He looked irritated, had keen eyes on me and then looked away.

What did I do to him to make him like that?

At this point, little by little, my world was falling apart.

How did it come to this?

_____________________________________

Aki and Usagi were trying to get my attention, but I just focus on the lectures. Afternoon classes ended and I went straight to the pools. As soon as the classes ended, they made another attempt to talk to me but I continued to walk away. They followed for a bit and stopped. It looked like they finally gave up for now.

I arrived at the lockers and I changed to my swimming trunks. Without noticing, Asami came in and stood right in front of me.

Asami: We need to talk after practice.

Haru: Sure...why?

Asami glanced over my neck.

Asami: Tsk!

Haru: Is there something wrong?

Asami: We'll talk about it later.

Asami remained indifferent throughout practice. I was unsure on what he wanted to talk about. I started guessing that it might be my swimming skills. I improved a lot but I didn't know what else it could be.

Our practice ended, and I took a shower and changed back to my uniform. Asami was already waiting outside when I finished.

Asami: You probably know what I'm going to talk about.

Haru: No...to be honest...I don't know...Is it my progress with the swim team?

Asami: Are you stupid? No one cares about your progress. As long as you're in a sport, you're good. I could care less if you're good or not.

He started getting angry and paused. He let out a big sigh and began getting serious.

Asami: Anyway, you hung out with Aki yesterday, huh? Did he give that to you?

He pointed at the mark on my neck. I trembled and didn't know what to say. How did he know?

Haru: Ah...this...must be...um...

Asami: You don't have to make a stupid excuse. I'm not dumb. We both know what it is. DID YOU GET IT FROM AKI?!

He raised his voice that startled me.