The Only Girl in the Band...[Part 29]

{Ian's POV}

"I don't know what to do," I told Caleb. We were sitting on the rocks watching the waves from the beach crash onto the shore. The clouds were grey and heavy, typical for a December day.

"You should've thought of that before you went and did that to her," Caleb replied. He was mad at me, too. And he had good reason to be; him and Vanessa were best friends, after all. But Caleb and I were really good friends, too, and he knew that right now, I had no one to go to. He always was the nice one.

"She said she'll forgive me if I can show her that she's more important to me than being famous," I told him.

"So what are you planning on doing?" he asked.

"Well that's what I'm saying. I don't know what to do," I said. He leaned back against the side of the cliff.

"I can't help you with that, Ian. This is something you'll have to figure out yourself. You screwed up and now you have to fix it," he said. "You can't make a plan for this. You're going to have to really feel guilty and-" he continued, but I cut him off.

"I already feel guilty," I said.

"Then you shouldn't have to ask me what you need to do," Caleb said, his blue eyes intense. I frowned and looked down at my hands.

"I don't know," I said after a moment. "I just want her back, that's all I know," I said.

"Then do something about it instead of hiding," Caleb said simply. "Stop sitting here and go out and say something," he added. And I knew what I had to do.

"I know what I'm going to do," I said, jumping off the rock onto the sand. I walked away, pulling my phone out.

"Hi, Ellen? It's Ian Giovanni from The Velocity," I said.

                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~

"And we've got an extra special guest for you all today. Everyone welcome Ian Giovanni from The Velocity!" Ellen said. I wiped my sweaty palms on my black jeans and walked out to a roaring applause. I smiled meekly to my fans, which I noticed were mostly teenage girls. I went up to Ellen, who gave me a side hug and a kiss on my cheek, her bright blue eyes sparkling as usual. I felt like a rain cloud next to her bright personality. And what I was about to do was going to put a real damper on the show.

"Well how are you doing? It's been a long time since I last saw you," Ellen said, smiling widely.

"Yeah, it has. I've been busy. With the band," I replied.

"Yeah! The band's becoming a success as far as I've heard," she said. "But I hear there's trouble on your end. You and Vanessa broke up?" she asked.

"Yeah, we did," I said, feeling a sharp pain in my chest when I said it. Saying it aloud just made it too final. It hurt to hear the words coming out of my own mouth.

"Well, isn't that a bummer? It's interesting, though, because you two first announced that you were dating on my show the last time you were here," she brought up.

"Yeah, we did, didn't we? And now I'm telling you we broke up," I said.

"I hope I didn't have anything to do with that," she said. The audience chuckled a little.

"Of course not. You are completely uninvolved," I said.

"Well, so what's the story here then? What happened between the two of you?" she asked.