Chapter 18: Time Flies

Picture of Evangeline --------------------->

______________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

It has been almost a year since me dying. Seven months since I adopted Evangeline.  

She is the most well behaved baby in existence. She only cries when she is hungry and no is there to feed her immediately. She sleeps most of the day and while she is awake she is mesmerized with the things she does see. Like yesterday for example, she saw herself in the mirror for the first time and just sat there staring at herself. Riley and I videotaped it for a good twenty minutes, she is adorable.  

Riley and I both are taking on the role of raising her. It's almost like we are her parents, like she is our daughter. If only huh? She kind of looks like Damen though... Both of them have blue eyes, the straight brown hair, but she has a nose that looks like my button nose. She looks like she could be my biological daughter, but if you look closely you can see she isn't. She has her birth parents' jaw line, and body shape. She is a little plump, but what can you expect? She is a baby, yet to reach her growth spurt.  

She is expected to develop faster, due to her being a werewolf. But we have yet to determine if she is a shifter or not, more likely the latter but we will have to wait and see. She acts as if she is about a year old, minus the walking. She crawls and can do things on her own. She is incredibly smart, even for a baby.  

I woke up that morning to my Angel crying. She must be hungry. I groaned, normally she doesn't wake up till eightish, which is lucky for me that she is such a sound sleeper. I climbed out of bed and headed to her nursery. Ever since that day I chose to adopt her I have been released from the hospital. I have been given my own room in the pack house, one with my own bathroom also. Evangeline's room is the room between Riley's and mine. That way we both have the same distance to get her if we need to.  

I trudged down the hall, still in my t-shirt and shorts I was sleeping in, and scooped up my crying Angel from her crib. She almost instantly stopped wailing and just stared up at me with her big blue eyes. Sometimes I think she just likes being held. I bounced her in my arms as I walked downstairs to the kitchen. She let out her belly laugh all the way there. She was too cute.  

When I went to make her bottle I set her in her highchair, she made a face at the cold plastic of it. I let out a little laugh at her pouting lips. I quickly made her bottle and handed it to her, seeing as she likes to 'feed herself.' She likes holding the bottle and drinking until she feels full. As she was doing that I made myself and the pack breakfast. I made about one hundred pancakes, twenty servings of bacon, and scrambled four cartons of eggs. We need to go shopping again. I cut up some fruit and left the big bowl of it next to the rest of the breakfast, but I saved the peaches I cut for Evangeline and I. She absolutely loves peaches. Her little face lit up at the sight of them, again, too cute.  

When I had finished feeding Evangeline Riley and some other pack members walked into the kitchen. They were walking with their noses held high, like a predator in search of their prey.  

"Yes, I made breakfast, eat up." I told them once I noticed their hesitant look, as if wondering if they were allowed to touch it or not. One time I made a cake for Riley's birthday and the pack ate it before I could even show him. Let's just say I was not too happy that day and yelled at them a little bit. Ever since then they have been hesitant to eat anything I made without my permission.  

They quickly dug in and by the time the rest of the pack woke up I was back in the kitchen making more. "Why do you guys eat so much? You are going to get fat!" I teased.