chapter 74✿

The lunch bell rang ten minutes ago, and i've been standing at my locker deciding if I should actually go meet Travis or not. I honestly don't think he would try anything with half the school in sight, but I just don't know what he wants to tell me. What if he made some new plot with Brooke and is going to attempt to break Luke and I up for the billionth time. I know it's not going to work because nothing anyone does or says will ever make me question Luke again, I just hate all the drama these people create.

I sigh as I shut my locker and begin to walk to the quad. I told Travis I would go and the only reason why I am still going is because we actually used to be friends, and I guess a part of me is hoping that same person is still in there.

I get to the quad and see Travis sitting alone at one of the far tables. I walk over and slowly sit down.

"Hey." I mumble.

"Hey, May." Travis says.

I give an awkward smile and then look down at the table, unsure of what to say.

"Jeez, do you really hate me so much that you have absolutely nothing to say to me?" Travis asks.

It's not that I hate Travis, he's just not my favourite person ever since he tried to help Brooke break Luke and I up.

"I don't hate you." I tell him honestly.

"You just dislike me?" Travis chuckles.

I give a small shrug. Travis and I really could have been great friends if he didn't have to go behind my back.

"What uh―what did you want to tell me?" I question.

He takes a deep breath.

"Well first off I want to apologize for everything Brooke and I did. Well, everything I did. I honestly can't believe I did something so disgusting. I hope one day we could be friends again or even if you can just tolerate me, i'd take that. I know that probably won't ever happen but I want you to know that i've never regretted anything more than what I did to you and Luke. So I really am so sorry." Travis apologizes.

I smile at his words. It's really sweet that he actually apologized and realized how wrong what he did really was.

"Thank you, Travis. It honestly means so much to me that you actually apologized. I don't know if we'll ever get back to the place we used to be at in our friendship, and honestly I don't think it's the greatest idea for us to be friends in general. But, I'd really love to graduate being on good terms with you." I say.

I don't think Travis and I will ever be friends again. It's not that I don't want to, but it's mainly because of Luke. I don't let Luke decide my friends but I would hate if Luke became friends with Brooke just because she apologized. So it's not fair that I become friends with Travis. I think Luke and I are better off without any of these people.

"Yeah, i'd like that." Travis says with a smile.

I return the smile as I slowly stand up, ready to leave and go sit with Caroline.

"Oh, that wasn't what I wanted to tell you. I just wanted you to know I was sorry, I still have something else to say." Travis says.

"Oh." I say as I sit back down.

"It's about Brooke." Travis says.

I roll my eyes. Of course it's about her. I honestly don't think I can go five hours without hearing her name.

"Okay." I say, stretching the word.

"Earlier this morning you asked her how she got ahold of Luke's phone and knew about him having Destiny's number." He started.