twenty one.

"What are you thinking about?"
There's a small smile that tugs at the corner of my mouth that he probably doesn't see as my head rests on his chest.
"Things."
"As in?" he smiles as he gently lifts my face up so our eyes meet.
"I...I'm just really happy."
"Me too," he grins as he strokes my hair.
It gets quiet again as I softly trace patterns onto his shirt with my finger. I liked how he didn't leave me after all was said and done. We had been laying in bed like this for a good half an hour already, my mind replaying everything that's happened over and over. While biting my lip to contain my grin George is now softly snoring, one hand still tangled in my hair, the other rested on his stomach. I slowly untangle myself from him, making sure not to move too much. After successfully doing so, I turn off the bedroom light then quietly tiptoe to the en suite. Taking a look in the mirror, I laugh to myself at how my hair is very messy and how Georges shirt hangs so loosely off my body. My fingers lightly push the white collar aside then brush the now purple marks forming on my clavicle, almost in the exact same spot there had been one before. Everything about me seemed to have George written all over it, and I loved it. I loved how much of his I was and how he was just as much mine. This wasn't one sided, and I loved that. I loved him.
After fingering out the knots in my hair then braiding it I quietly walk back out to the bedroom careful not to wake him as I crawl in between the sheets with him. His position changes after I settle, him turning over onto his side and resting an arm over my back as I laid on my stomach.
"You okay?" He sleepily murmurs.
"Yes. Go back to sleep, G."
"I like when you call me G. Especially earlier when you just couldn't stop mo-"
"George!" I exclaim, breaking the quietness. We both laugh together before he kisses my forehead softly once we settle down.
"Goodnight, Gia."
"Goodnight, George."

The next morning I'm awoken by George pulling me closer into him leaving soft kisses on my shoulder.
"Morning," he grins while I sleepily rub my eyes.
"Morning G," I smile after yawning, "What time is it?"
"Half passed eight. I want to take you out to breakfast."
"Okay," I grin before softly kissing him. My stomach fluttered at the thought of him simply even thinking about taking me out after he woke up. I'm not used to this. As I'm changing into a jumper, George emerges from the en suite changed into his usual white tee and black pants paired with a tan coat and black boots.
"You look gorgeous, love," he smiles as he examines me. I softly laugh, blushing as he takes my hand and leads me out the door. Throughout the next few hours of singing in the car together, feeding each other bites off our own plates to one another as we sit in one of the cutest but quite expensive restaurant, I can't have this overwhelming feeling of happiness. It's like there's a shaken up bottle of soda inside me ready to burst. George made me happy.
"Did you like that place?" G asks, wrapping an arm around my waist as we walked down the slightly busy sidewalk.
"Yes, it was so good...and expensive," I playfully glare at him as he chuckles. I didn't want him to pay so much for me.
"You're special, babe. I don't mind."
He leans over, quickly kissing my cheek before he stops to open the door for me to a cute vintage record store. There's seemingly a never ending amount of records, it's quite amazing. George takes my hand leading me to another room with even more records.
"I want to show you something," he smiles as we stop in front of one of the shelfs, him letting go of my hand as he fans through them.  "Annnd, there we are," he pulls out a record and hands it to me. It's a The 1975 record, IV.
"I want you to have one of your own, and there's something inside I want you to see."
Before I can answer our heads turn in the direction where there's a voice calling George's name. Two blonde haired girls approach us, and I can tell they're fans by how overly excited they blurt out how much they love George and the band. G looks over to me slightly laughing, me doing the same before I mouth I'll be over in the next room. I keep myself occupied by browsing through the records softly humming along to the faint David Bowie song playing throughout the store.
"You like this song too, huh?"
I'm a little startled by the unexpected voice, but my eyes meet his blue ones that are lined by long eyelashes any girl would be jealous of.
"It's a classic," I smile back politely.
"Ah, American?"
"Yes," I softly laugh.
"Been there once, it's quite nice. I'm Van by the way."
"Gia," I shake his hand he's held out, slightly nervous being around someone unknown.
"The 1975?" He asks, motioning to the vinyl in my hand.
"Yeah, they're uh, pretty good," I laugh to myself as he nods.
"They have a really interesting mindset, all of them. I'd like to tour with them one day."
"You have a band?"
He nods and tells me about how they've just started. He seems like quite the character, telling me about how him and his band have snuck back stage during concerts, just trying to give someone their demo tape. We're both laughing now as he finishes up his story.
"It was nice chatting with you, Gia," he says while stifling a laugh.
"You too, Van," I manage to say through giggling.
"I've got to run, buut," he begins as he pulls out a crumpled napkin from his pocket along with a pen, "here's my number, so hopefully we'll get to chat again."
I nod and smile, giving him a small wave before he walks away.
"Good luck with your band by the way!" I call out before he's fully out the door. I jump now, feeling a hand on the small of my back.
"You scared me G," I giggle as he's looking out the window.
"Who was that?" He asks as he furrows his brow.
"Oh, Van. He's nice."
"What did he want?"
"We just chatted. He said he's a fan of you guys."
"What's that?" He nods to the napkin.
"Oh, um, his number."
"What the hell, Gia," he groans.
"Are you jealous, G?" I ask, pretending to be oblivious.
"No," he crosses his arms as he glares at me. He looks much like a little kid which makes me laugh. "It's not funny," he says, trying to be stern but there's a small smile breaking through.
"I think it isss," I sing, wrapping my arms around his neck while I tippy toe to be closer to his face. He finally breaks, chuckling as he wraps his arms around my waist.
"You're irresistible, Gia. No wonder he was chatting it up with you!"
"Shush, G," I laugh, squishing his cheeks with my hand. He laughs before giving me a quick peck.
"Let's get out of here before any other bloke tries to hit on you."
I roll my eyes as we walk to the cash register, "You're such a turd, G."
"But you love it," he grins as I set the vinyl on the counter. More like I love you.
•••
[sorry I've been slacking, I know, I know. Lots of cute Gia and George to make up for it though :-) xx]