Chapter Fifteen: Watching

* Stiles

Stiles sighed softly as he dove back to his house for the night, they both kind of decided to just not go out tonight. Stiles didn't think they'd find anything anyway, they'd need to switch tactics. That and he was still kind of exhausted and didn't feel like walking the woods all night again.

Once he got home Stiles went upstairs to his room and slowly got undress before pulling on a pair of sweatpants and crawling into bed. He laid there for a long time just stared at the ceiling. He huffed softly before rolling onto his side and finally trying to get some sleep, though honestly he kind of missed the feeling of Derek's warm body next to him, even if it was only the one time.

*Derek

Derek sighed softly as he sat on the edge of his bed, again trying to remember anything that might have warranted his mother to take him memory away. The only problem was he had no idea what he was supposed to remember, which was probably the point. He sighed heavily and flopped back down on the bed. He ran both his hand over his head and through his hair as he growled with frustration. He hated that he was missing something, that he couldn't remember what he saw..... or what he did. What if this was all his fault? What if this was happened because of something he did when he was younger and he just couldn't remember what it was?

Derek laid there for a while staring up at the ceiling for a while before standing up, Maybe........ He opened the drawer on his dresser and pulled a key out before walking over to the chest that was pushed up against the wall. He knelt down next to it before taking the lock in his hand and carefully unlocking it. He set the lock on the ground next to him before pushing the lid open and staring into it. He sighed softly before moving a few things around to find what he wanted. After a few moments he was pulling out a cylindrical case with a triskelion on the lid of it. It wasn't the original one, but it still worked just fine. 

Derek walked over to the couch with it and sat down and just stared at it for a long time. There was only one person he could call that would be able to help, and he wasn't sure if he trusted him enough to do this. Wasn't sure if he wanted to do this at all. Did he really want to know if he was the reason this was all happening?

Derek set the case on the coffee table and sighed softly deciding he's do it, wasn't like he really had a choice. Besides even if he didn't really want to know, he had to know. It would drive him crazy if he didn't figure this out, he hated that part of his past was missing. He huffed before standing up and walking away from the coffee table and going over to the bed to lay down. He was just as tired as Stiles so he crawled under the covers to go to bed. He liked sleeping next to Stiles last night, and couldn't definitely feel his absence, would have to make the human stay the night more often.

Derek grumbled as he woke up to the sound of his phone going off, What the.... He thought irritably and rolled over to grab his phone off the side table. He squinted as he turned it on, the bright lightly blinding him momentarily. Once his eyes adjusted to it he saw he had a text message, and couldn't think of who would actually be texting him at this time. He grumbled as he opened the stupid thing. His heart stopped for a moment when he saw what it was "No... No...." he said as he shot out of bed, his eyes still glued to the screen of his phone. Staring at the picture of Stiles sleeping in his bed, with the caption I warned you under it.

Derek ran out of his apartment not bothering with shoes or a shirt as he ran down the stairs and out the front door of his building. He ran as fast as he could down the street, he'd forgotten his keys in his haste but that didn't matter. He could probably run faster than a car right now with how he was feeling.