Chapter 2

When I get to the bar, I go in back and change into the clothes I brought. There isn't really a dress code but the girls often wear black leather pants and a white T-shirt with the name of the bar. The sleeves had been ripped off along so it keeps me cool throughout the night. I run my fingers through my pin straight hair after doing my makeup then go out behind the bar. "Hey," smiles Cherry, another bartender.

She wears the exact outfit as me except her T-shirt was cherry red - as always. "Hey," I smile.

The third bartender's name is Adriana. Both girls have long hair but Cherry's was dyed bright red and Adriana's was brown. Cherry was very welcoming when I first started. She's the sweetest girl I've ever met. Adriana, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. She tried her best to get me fired shortly after I began working here. She has warmed up to me a bit. We don't go out of our way to speak to one another but she minds her own business now. The closest we ever get is when we have deal with an overly drunk customer. It's a decent job though and it's nice to sneak away from life every now and then. This place is like my second home.

"Can I get a beer, sweetheart?" Jimmy, one of our regulars asks.

"Sure thing, honey," I smile.

I grab a beer, quickly opening it then hand it to him. "Keep 'em coming," he says, sliding over a hundred dollar bill.

"Always," I smile, taking his money.

Putting his money away, I write his name and how much he's already paid on the tab. Jimmy's about forty and I don't know much about him. He's here a lot though. It makes me wonder about his life. "Two shots of patron with pineapple juice," a younger guy says, sliding some bills across the bar.

"Coming right up."

I pour the concoction together, making the shot. After I take the money, he nods to me. "For you."

"Thanks," I grin.

We clink the small shot glasses together before downing the shots. One of the rules here is to never refuse a customers drink. Why would I? It's a free drink. "What's your name?" he asks, over the music.

I take care of the small glasses then begin wiping the bar. "Hadley. Yours?"

"Spencer."

He reaches over the bar and shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you."

"You too," he smiles.

Cherry nudges my side, leaning closer. "The DJ just got here so get ready."

Glancing at the clock, I see that he's just on time. Every night we have a DJ come in at the same time and that's usually when most of the customers begin coming in. The crowd is loud enough as it is but when the song Cowboy by Kid Rock comes on, the crowd goes wild. The girls dance behind the bar, causing some men to yell out their names.

The night is filled with drunk people blowing all their money on alcohol and I get tips every once in a while. For the outside looking like crap, the inside is pretty amazing. People love it here.

The song changes to Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leopard and Cherry climbs up onto the bar. Every once in a while she plays around and dances on the bar. None of us mind though because we get amazing tips thanks to her.

"You can take a break," Cherry says once the song is over.

"Okay."

I use the restroom before stepping outside. The night is quiet with a light breeze. Hearing laughter, I look for the people. Luca is standing in a circle with his friends. Smiling, I make my way over to him. I slip my arms around his waist, pressing my body against him. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

He turns around in my arms before wrapping his arms around me. "I was going to surprise you before your boss reminded me boyfriends weren't allowed in the bar while their girlfriends were working," he says, glaring back at his friend.

"Aw. I'm sorry," I say, squeezing him a little more.

He kisses the tip of my nose. "You should come over tonight."

I raise an eyebrow. "I am not a booty-call, Luca."

"That's not what I meant," he frowns.

"If I'm not home when my mom wakes up, she'll kill me. Maybe you could spend the night with me," I suggest.

"And get caught?" he asks. "No way."

"We'll be quiet," I say, the corners of my mouth pulling up.

I think he took this in a different way because his facial expression completely changed. "We can see how things go," he nods.

"Okay. Did you drive here?"

"No. I'll just ride with you," be says.

"Okay. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

He presses his lips to mine before I go back inside.

After a long night, Luca drives us home in my car. We enter my house quietly and as soon as the door is closed, his lips find mine in the dark. I take slow steps back until my heels hit the stairs. Taking careful steps, I lead him halfway up the stairs before falling back. Our lips pull apart and I laugh quietly. He parts my legs before kneeling on the step below me and kissing me. My hands tangle in his hair as his hand slips up my shirt, fondling my breast. Just as his tongue slips between my lips, a light turns on above us. We look up and my eyes widen when I see Maddox. "I'm leaving," Luca says quickly, more to Maddox than to me.

With that being said, he quickly leaves the house. I stand up, making my way to my room. "Who was that?" Maddox asks, his voice rough from sleeping.

"My boyfriend."

He follows me into my room where I toss my bag on the floor. "How long have you two been together?" he asks.

"About a month," I shrug.

He leans in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest while he shakes his head. "I thought you'd have more self respect than that."

Turning around, I glare at him. "What are you talking about?"

"We both know he wasn't coming up to sleep. Would you have stopped him?" he doesn't wait for an answer. "You've been dating for a month and you were going to give if up. A woman should have more self respect than that."

"Look, you don't know anything about me so I don't know why we're even having this conversation."

Without another word, he leaves the room.

*******************************

VOTE ★ COMMENT ★ FOLLOW