18. The Call to a Loved One

Dedicated to Dreamzangel21 and AlbeyEapen for being the two sweetest and most amazing people I know. I don't know where I'd be without you! Thank you so much darlings <3 Love you both!

Picture of Alpha Penson (Ryu Seung Ryong) to the side. This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

_______

Suzzanah's POV

It's not...it's not a coincidence...

I stood unmoving, paralysed against the wooden closet. My mind replayed the events that had just taken place over and over again, but I was not embarrassed, no, I was baffled!

But he...he couldn't be...could he?...

I swallowed and continued to pant shakily as my mind started putting the pieces of a puzzle I had no idea even existed, together.

The CEO...and the wolf...

My hands trembled as I pressed the palm of my hand over my chest, feeling my erratic heartbeat. When I swallowed again, my throat felt very dry. My wide eyes stared unblinking at the ground in front of me, where just a few seconds ago, the CEO had been standing, pressed up against me.

His eyes...his teeth...his...his claws?...

He moved faster than any human I had ever seen. His strength seemed to surpass fathomable limits. His body radiated authority and power. He was indeed...an Alpha male.

Alpha Zuerien Kai Royale...

I gasped out loud as my heart rate spiked. My body trembled and my knees threatened to buckle underneath me. My mind had finished putting the few pieces I had with me, into place, and even though the picture I now saw was irrational and seemingly impossible, I still saw it...and it made my blood run cold.

The CEO...Alpha Zuerien Kai Royale...wasn't...he wasn't...hum-

"Suzzanah?"

I jumped and a strangled scream escaped my lips as my eyes darted upwards to where Roma stood by the door. Her features turned from confused to concerned in a split second as she ran up to me.

"Suzzanah! What happened?" she asked placing her hands on my shoulders, "Are you alright?"

I stared at her with wide fearful eyes, opening and closing my mouth, unable to say anything. Her eyes skimmed over my frame worriedly as though checking for injuries before they landed on the now broken and cracked wood on both sides of me.

Her eyes widened for a split second before apprehension clouded them and they returned to my frightened ones.

"The CEO was here", she stated more than asked and my eyes widened. Almost as though she had sensed my question she added quickly, "I saw him leaving"

I gulped forcing myself to speak but my words came out raspy and hesitant, "W-why was h-he here?"

Her brow creased in thought and she exhaled heavily as a hint of disapproval marred her lovely features.

"I'm not sure", she said before gently pulling me away from the closet, "Come, sit down"

I let her lead me to her bed and I sat down shakily. She walked to the bedside table to get me some water as I sat there very still, very silent and very very scared.

My body had not yet recovered from the feel of Alpha Zuerien's strong muscular frame pressed against mine, of his lips brushing against my neck and of his teeth digging into my skin.