Chapter 4

I slowly wake up Friday morning at the sound of my alarm. I slide the alarm off and sit up, stretching. I get out of bed and go to my bathroom, brushing my teeth and my hair before going to my closet and picking out my clothes for the day, a liliac blouse with a black pencil skirt.

I curl my hair and then put it in a ponytail, giving it that curly bounce. Once I'm pretty much ready, I walk into Carter's room and sit on his bed, "Carter, baby, it's time to walk up." I say, rubbing his back in small circles.

As he slowly starts waking up, I get up and walk to his closet, picking out his clothes for preschool. He only goes to preschool on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday since he's still only 3. I pick out one of his superman t shirts and a pair of jeans. I change his clothes and we walk to the bathroom, brushing his teeth and then to the kitchen. I pour him a bowl of his favorite cereal, fruit loops, and then add some milk to it, and sliding it in front of him.

As he eats, I drink my coffee and make his lunch, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I put the sandwich in his lunch bag, along with a juice box and a ziploc bag with a cookie inside.

I look at the clock at see that it's 7:30, and Carter has to be a school by 8.

I grab the empty bowl in front of him and place it in the dishwasher, before grabbing mine and Carter's bags.

I wait for Carter by the door, "C'mon Carter, time for school." I call, and he comes running, "Yay, time for school!" He yells.

I laugh at him before walking out the house and to the car. I buckle him in and start the car, driving off to school. About fifteen minutes later, I pull into the school parking lot. I hop out, grabbing Carter and his bag before walking into the school. Carter practically runs into his classroom, and automatically starts talking to his friends. I put his bag on the hanger in the front.

"Carter, Mommy's going." I call out, and he comes back giving me a hug before I leave. I swear, he is such a Mommy's boy.

I walk out and back to the car, and drive to the bank. I park and walk inside to my desk, I turn on my computer before Sandy walks by. "Hey hunny, how did the dad situation go?" She asks.

I sigh, "Not Great" I say.

She pats my shoulder, "Well, I don't know the whole story, but I know you are an amazing mother to Carter, and for now, that's enough." She says before pulling me in a hug.

I smile, "yeah. Anyways, do you think you could watch Carter tonight, I have this late minute thing that came up, and I'll be out late tonight." I ask. I don't like Carter around when I'm in heat, because it usually doesn't end well.

"Of course baby girl, just bring him over once we close up here." She replies, Sandy is always willing to help me, and I love her for that.

"Thanks Sandy." I say

"No problem sweetheart. I'll just bring him here tomorrow morning." She says as she walks back to her desk.

I finish work early on The days Carter has school, so I finish about 2 o'clock. I tell Sandy goodbye, and I'll bring Carter around 6.

I then drive to go pick up Carter. I get him from his classroom, and put him in the car, "so how was school today?" I ask him.

"Good, we did music today" he says.

"Oh yeah, did you make good music?"

"Yep, a-mazing music" he says

"Well, amazing music deserves a treat then yeah? How about ice cream?" I offer.