Chapter 39 : Another Jinchūriki. The Redhead, Gaara-kun.

Ara slowly opened her eyes, and was greeted by the darkness. They were still at the tunnel. They have been walking for days. The lack of sunlight somehow drained their energy. Not including Ara. Even she can see normally, as if they weren't in an almost-endless dark tunnel.

And what annoys the group the most, is the fact that Ara couldn't stop talking, laughing, and joking around. She kept jumping, turning around, disappeared and re-appeared a few steps in front of them, then turned into metal sand and crawl over the walls, reformed as herself a few meters away.

She really enjoys the journey.

Yūgao was so damn scared. All the walls, the floor, the whole place was covered in dark red stains on its surface. Blood. Lots of blood. Also, some half-rotten corpses at the corners. They all want to throw up.

Ara's reaction was far from their expectations.

"What? These red? It's blood, idiots! Human blood! And stop staring at those corpses, they won't eat you. They were already half-eaten."

That is one of the most disgusting thing Kakashi has ever saw.

"ATTENTION!!" Ara yelled, grinning, "We're going to reach the end of the tunnel in half an hour. Turn left, and you will find an underground river. Refill your water bottles, we're going to meet a desert soon!"

"How did you know that?" Bee asked, raising an eyebrow. Ara pointed to the wall beside her.

"It's written here."

Kakashi sighed. Typical Ara.

"Whatever. I and Bee here are going to take the water. You guys wait here." Yūgao said, taking her leave.

Ara smiled calmly, as she pulled out some kunais, and starts carving on the wall. "It's just a note," she explained, sensing Kakashi's curiosity, "Maybe the last I can give to my family."

Kakashi nodded, as he read the note.

'With this, the Crow swear,
Not to visit the Dawn ever,
The Clouds' hopes won't die in vain
'Cause she'll disappear from the Rain'

Kakashi narrowed his eyes. "Crow is you, right? And what do you mean by the Dawn and the Clouds? I mean, isn't the Rain means Ame?"

Ara shrugged. "That's a secret, Aniki." She said, smiling, as she put her hand in her pocket, using the other hand to fix her scarf, "You won't believe it, anyways. The Clouds are Scorpion, Flower, Fish, and a few more." She said, before her gaze landed on a small folded paper near her feet. She picked it up, and immediately put it inside her weapon pouch, unnoticed by her brother.

"We're back, bakayaro! Let's go, conoyaro!"

*/*\*/*\*

"Now I prefer that damn tunnel! This place is hell!" Yūgao yelled to no one in particular, in the middle of the desert, glaring at the sun above.

Ara laughed softly. "You're the one who wanted to hurriedly get out of that place. Stop complaining, Yūgao-san. Besides, in a few hours this place will be even colder than the tunnel. Don't worry." she said with an innocent smile, before she fixed her hood position, and looked up.

Kakashi looked at her curiously. The heat didn't affect Ara even a bit, he noticed that. He almost ran out of water, and he didn't see her drink even once.

He grabbed his water bottle, and took a small gulp. He has ever been to Suna before, so he knew what to do to survive under the temperature. He wasn't sure about Bee, though. He was raised in a cold place, Kumo. It's almost like Suna's opposite.

"You guys okay?" Ara asked, turning at the 3 other ANBUs behind her, "You guys looked tired. Do you-..."

"HELL YEAH! WE'RE SO DAMN EXHAUSTED! YOU-..."

"...-want to rest? Or what?" She finished, completely ignoring Yūgao's rambling. Bee weakly nodded, and Ara sat down.

"We should find a shelter. Nightfall is coming soon, and there will be sandstorm tonight."

Kakashi raised an eyebrow. Sandstorm? That doesn't sound so good.

"Shelter? SHELTER?! I just need water!" Yūgao exclaimed. Ara sighed. She pulled out her water bottle, throwing it to the said 15-years-old purple-haired shinobi, who caught it, and starts gulping it down.

"Yūsha's right about that whole dehydration speech." Ara muttered. As of on cue, a black scorpion jumped off her neck, and landed on the sand, before turning into a Fennec fox, with sand-like colored fur and large ears.

"Since when do I ever be wrong?" The fox asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Since 3 months ago, your bragging about how you can win a duel against me. You lose."

Bee, who heard this, burst out laughing. "I remember that! That was gold! So hilarious!"

Yūsha's eye twitched. "Shut up."

*/*\*/*\*

"Kami, I'm tired." Ara muttered. Kakashi, who was holding her shoulders tightly, let out a sigh.

"Hang on, Ara. You can't give up now." He assured, giving her more of his chakra.

She weakly nodded, as she turned at Bee, who was holding Yūsha. "How is it outside?" She asked, her voice barely a whisper.

Ara was right. Not long after her prediction, the wind began to blew furiously. With all their weapons, Ara made a shelter. Her limit to control the metal is just an hour. With Kakashi supplying her chakra, Ara managed to hold it for almost 2 hours now.

Bee stood up, and peeked from a small hole at the metal wall. He narrowed his eyes.

"The wind's getting calmer. I think the storm will be over soon."

Ara nodded, her sight getting blurrier. She gritted her teeth, trying to keep her consciousness.

"Alright, the storm's gone, Ara!"

Ara let out a heavy relieved sigh. Her shoulders slumped, as she fell backwards, and the metal shelter fell apart, turning into those weapons. Ara took a deep breath, as Kakashi caught her and rubbed her back.

"Thank you so much, Ara. You've done amazing."

"Glad I have." She replied, as she grabbed the water bottle Kakashi offered, and took some large gulps.

"Go to sleep," Ara told Bee, "I want to stay up with Aniki for a while. We'll wake you and Yūgao up in a few hours to take a watch."

Bee hummed in reply, doing as what he was told to.

Kakashi sat cross-legged, reading his book. Yūsha's soft snores felt calming, and thus this moment felt so calming.

He agreed with Ara's decision. Bee and Yūgao are the ones who weren't used with the weather.

He was startled when suddenly Ara turned at him, gripping his shirt tightly, and starts sobbing quietly.

"Ara? You okay?"

She only gritted her teeth.

Kakashi narrowed his eyes. He can notice how Ara rambles more (more often, louder, faster, and more pointless) when she felt sad.

His gaze soften. He pulled her closer and hugged her, ruffling her hair.

He understood.

Kakashi didn't know why, but it feels like their connection was very close. He could tell what she was feeling by just looking at her eyes. He knows what was she thinking.

She felt betrayed. By who, he's not sure. Most probably her family. But he wouldn't ask.

"Everything will be okay, Ara. I promise."

She gave him a small nod, before cuddling closer.

"I wish it will." She whispered.

*/*\*/*\*

"It's bigger than what I imagined." Ara commented, entering the gates. Kakashi shrugged. "Seems like you forgot Konoha's size."

This caused her to grin. "Cor~rect!" She sang, as she pulled out a candy and unwrapped it, throwing it up into the air, catching it with her mouth.

-I can sense him.- Kyūbi stated.

'Hm?'

The fox scoffed inside her mind.

-Shukaku. The one tail. A selfish, arrogant, cruel and heartless raccoon filled with hatred. The jinchūriki is a 5-years-old boy, son of Kazekage.-

As he finished the last sentence, the group came into a halt.

"State your name and your business."

"We're from Kumogakure and Konohagakure, and we want to meet Lord Kazekage."

*/*\*/*\*

"My name is Karasu Hatake. ANBU of Kumogakure and Jounin of Konohagakure. Pleasure to meet you, sir." Ara said, bowing at the Kazekage.

He nodded in reply. "The Raikage said that you might be able to tame the One-Tail inside Gaara. Is it true?"

"I'll try my best." She calmly said, " Where is he?"

"There." The Kazekage replied coldly, pointing to the corner of the room.

There, stood a young red-haired boy, hugging a teddy bear.

Ara walked towards him, and crouched in front of him, their eyes on the same level. She stretched out her hand towards him.

"Hello, Gaara. I'm sorry I didn't see you sooner. My name is Karasu. People often call me Crow or Ara. You can choose whatever you like, or even give me a new name, it's up to you. Can we be friends?"

Gaara's eyes slightly widened. He took a step back in fear, his hand trembled, a flash of distrust ran across his eyes. Ara frowned.

"I won't hurt you, Gaara. I promise. Please trust me. I want to help you, and talk to the One-Tail to let you sleep." She said, this time in a language that only Bee understood, in the language that Kakashi recognize as the same as the one she used to talk with the centipede, Sekki.

Slowly, Gaara nodded, and took Ara's hand. She gave him a soft smile, before she turned at the Kazekage.

"Lord Kazekage, with all respect, may I talk with Gaara privately?"

The Kazekage looked away.

"Do whatever you like. You're dismissed."

Ara bit her lip, somehow familiar with the look in his eyes.

It's the same as her father's.

*/*\*/*\*

"So, Gaara, right? I like your last name. Sa-ba-ku. It suits you."

Gaara stayed silent, watching as the white-haired girl wrote a few things in her notebook. She had took off all her ninja attire, and was left off with only her eye-patch, staying in her dark blue hoodie, black shorts, and her black ninja sandals. However, she brought along the Fennec fox with her. On her shoulder, is a small wooden scorpion.

Seeing the boy's curiosity, Ara looked up, and smiled. "What is it? You wanna hold Sukoshi?"

Gaara tilted his head.

Ara chuckled, before she gently took the scorpion from her shoulder, and handed it to the Sabaku. "Careful with his tail. He has poison. I have the antidote, but I'm sure you don't want to met needles, ne?"

Gaara nodded curtly, before he starts petting Sukoshi.

"Say, Gaara-kun," Ara started, "Can you tell me about yourself? Or would you like me to do it first?"

Gaara turned at her. "U-Uh... Can you...?"

She smiled. "Alright!" She exclaimed, before she sat on his bed next to him.

"My name is Karasu. My last name is actually Kigaeru, but now I use Hatake, for safety reason. I'm the last in my clan. The Kigaeru were all killed decades ago. They can control Bijū, talking to animals, things like that." She said, picking up Yūsha, "His name is Yūsha. He could change into any animals he wants. He's my friend."

Gaara's eyes lit up in excitement, hearing the story.

"I became a jinchūriki since 5 years ago, just like you. Well, I'm 10 now, so I got the Kyūbi sealed in me when I was 5. In my village, Konoha, people hate me. They often beat me up, but I have my brother. That man with the mask, you know? And... What else do you want to know?"

"... Your monster... Is it the same as mine, uh... Karasu-chan?"

Ara's eyes slightly widened. She soon regained her composure, and shook her head.

"Gaara-kun... They aren't monsters. And you can't call any of them with 'it'. They are living beings, too."

"But everyone do that..."

Ara hold his shoulders, looking straight into his eyes.

"But Gaara-kun... Do you really believe it? People call us monsters too, right? Are you sure you want to do the same?"

"All the Bijūs are just like their jinchūrikis. They have powers, but they can't control it. That's why people said they're evil."

Gaara slowly nodded. Ara grinned at him, and patted his head.

"Well, I'll teach you how to control that power. And how to be your Bijū's friend."

"You-... You will...?!"

"Ne... Gaara-kun... Why won't I?"

*/*\*/*\*

By the time it was dark, as the moon rise, Kakashi decided that he should end his tour for the day. Leaving Bee with Yūgao, he decided to visit Ara.

After asking so many annoying guards, he finally found the jinchūriki's room. Opening the door, he peeked inside.

Ara was sitting on the bed, with the red-head leaning on her.

"...-and then, the scarecrow opened the cage, and the crow was free again! They-..." Ara stopped when Kakashi walked in. Gaara's eyes instantly widened, and he snuggled closer to Ara.

"Ne... Gaara-kun... There's no need to be scared... He's my Aniki."

Kakashi raised an eyebrow. "Konbawa, Gaara-sama, Ara-chan. Sumimasen, if I interrupted something."

Gaara nodded.

"What is it, Aniki?"

"Maa... Ara-chan... I actually have so many questions..."

Ara chuckled. "Alright. First, I will sleep in Gaara-kun's room for a few night. And also spend most of my time with him. The mission lasted for about a week, and after that, we're going straight back to the Leaf. In those time, you may do whatever you want, although I'm sure the Kazekage will need you and Bee for a few alliance matter. That's all, I think. And I guess Yūgao was told to learn a few things from Suna's hospital? That's just a random guess. I think that's all, ne?"

Kakashi shook his head, chuckling. "You never cease to amaze me, Ara. Well, I'll take my leave now. If I may, Gaara-sama?"

"... Hai..."

Kakashi bowed, and teleported away.

Gaara turned at Ara. "Karasu-chan... I don't like him." He said, admitting his dislike. The look in Kakashi's eyes... He could see the coldness in them. It scares him a bit.

Ara laughed. "You just haven't."

*/*\*/*\*

Hehe... I gave you guys 2 chapters... TWO CHAPTERS AS MY APOLOGIZE!

Damn, Gaara-kun is just so cute >.<

Comment! Vote, if you haven't! Ja Ne!