Evil Will

UNDISCLOSED LOCATION - August 22nd

1:30AM

The pale room lit up more and more with every person that entered it, until the whole room was bathed in a bright, radiant light.

An apt description for those who entered.

Around the large, blinding white, oval table sat all the members of the Light, their fingers tapping with impatience and their attendants staring at each other competitively.

"Why are we HERE for?!" Klarion demanded as he stood up from the table's far end. "Don't we have those stupid communicators for this?!"

Queen Bee's irritated gaze shifted to Klarion, who wasn't fazed at all.

"Be quiet, child." she spat. "Savage isn't here, so that means he was the one who called the meeting. Save your tantrums for him!"

Klarion turned to her, his mouth curling with contempt.

"Shut it, woman!!" he practically screeched. "Who died and made you Queen of this place?!"

Before Queen Bee's attendant, Psimon could gather his energy, she scoffed and stood up, slamming her heavily tanned palms onto the table.

"I am a Queen you idiot!!"

"Enough." a stern voice ordered.

They all looked towards the dark hallway with bewilderment. The voice was younger than them all, but the it's abruptness and the authority dripping from it silenced them all in a heartbeat.

And then he stepped into the room, the Mimic they had all heard so much about, twirling a cane like he was a character on a musical.

"Forgive me for the belated introductions." the boy made a curt bow. "My name is Desmond..."

Klarion, still holding a grudge, immediately scowled as soon as his eyes fell onto Desmond's pale face.

"YOU!!" he growled.

Desmond smiled at him, completely disregarding his hatred.

"Hello Klarion!" he said almost happily. "Miss me?"

Klarion looked like he was about to bolt up and run across the table to punch Desmond, but Teekl meowed from his lap.

"You're right, Teekl..." he grumbled. "He's not worth it..."

Desmond, still twirling his cane, looked towards Queen Bee, who was still showing signs of rage.

"I trust my lady can find her seat?" he asked.

And with a venomous scowl, she did just that.

Desmond smiled and put his cane against the table, and clapped his hands together.

"Now that you've all had a chance to talk with me, I'd like to start..."
He looked towards Ra's and Luthor, who sat to his right with content smiles.

"First of all, Savage and I send our deepest thanks for your assistance with the Mimic Contingency, gentlemen."

He smirked at Luthor.

"Thanks to those Shields of yours, Superboy is probably costing the US government several million dollars in aircraft damages. I'm sure you'll be called upon to fix it all for a hefty sum?"

Then turned to Ra's.

"And your assassins locator skills were beyond accurate, Ra's. Couldn't have taken down the Hawk couple without you..."