LXVIII - 26

It's been twelve hours since I updated and you guys are having panic attacks. :') So I thought I'd give you this tiny little thing.

I didn't really want to describe exactly what Rose has been up to when she's humanity-less, mainly because I want you guys to focus on what happens AFTER she eventually gets it back.

I hope you like it. ;D

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixty-Eight

Twenty-Six.

By the time I was finished, I had killed twenty-six of the Quarter witches. That was more than three quarters of them. I would have wiped them out, too, if Marcel didn't stop me.

I had been draining some guy when Marcel came up behind me and yanked me off of him. "What the hell do you think you're doin'?!" he shouted.

"I'm killing witches. What the fuck does it look like, Marcel?" I growled, darting forwards to continuing drinking from that man when he shoved me back against the wall again.

"Why? Why are you doing this?"

"Because they killed Hayley and Elijah!" I shouted back at him.

He looked shocked, like he wanted to say something but was too stunned to even attempt at it. "Rose, Elijah-"

"Don't say his name!" I yelled at him, grabbing him by the collar of his leather jacket and flipping us around to shove him up against the wall instead. "You don't have to have the right to say his name. Elijah is gone. And after everything that you have done, I guarantee that Klaus will take his anger out on you first. He will kill you. You should run while you're still able to."

I let him go, then turned and walked to the door.

"Where the hell are you going?!" he yelled.

"As far away from here as I can," I growled, walking straight out of the shop.

I went back to the abattoir, which was almost empty. Almost. The only people in here were the dead vampires and humans that littered the floor. I didn't sense Klaus anywhere, and I didn't find Elijah either. I didn't really care if I saw any of them, I just really don't want to use the energy it took to prevent them from trying to stop me from leaving. They would annoy the hell out of me.

I packed a suitcase full of my stuff, and I left as quickly as I could.

And after that night, I didn't look back.

That is, until they found me again.

*

It had been a little over a month since I last saw the Mikaelson's and Marcel, and so far, life was great. I loved being so free to do whatever the hell I wanted. I drained humans, I drank until I couldn't see properly, I danced the night away with strangers, everything was just perfect.

I had met a couple other vampires in a bar a week or so ago, one of them was named Enzo. Now this guy was some real fun.

I met him in a bar in the middle of Virginia, close to a place which I had once called home. Mystic Falls. He was kind of in a rut at the time, so I had a few drinks with him. Both alcoholic and blood-related.

He was depressed because he and one of his friends died right before the other side crumbled, but was happy at the same time because his witchy-friend was able to bring Enzo back to life before the other side was completely destroyed. Unfortunately, she ended up dying along with his friend.