One Noun: Love

"The truth may be stretched thin, but it never breaks, and it always surfaces above lies, as oil floats on water." 

- Miguel de Cervantes Saavendra

"What the hell was that?" Bruce asks, throwing his keys on the table.

"I can't do this right now." I tell Bruce, taking off my black over coat and walking it to the closet.

"There is a woman that you said is Jonathan's ex-girlfriend stalking you. I deserve to know what is going on."

"Bruce I'm trying to protect..."

"I'm Batman, Cassandra."

"Wow Bruce were you Batman right then and there?

"No..."

"So did you have a...?"

He pulls out a gun from his pocket and flashes it around.

"Always. I don't trust other people." I sigh, I have to tell him. He has to know what is going on with me. He cares about me deeply.

"Alice was the first girlfriend he had. He was going to propose to her. When he walked in she was holding the stupid Scarecrow mask in her hand. Jonathan attempted to explain it all to her but she wanted out. He drugged her with the fear toxin it drove her insane. She became a patient a month before I got the job. Alice we thought killed herself. Bruce, we all saw the body. I didn't worry about her. Then about eight months ago you start getting all these female interns that are insane. The last one I followed to her house to kill her," I pause as Bruce scoffs when I look up he has a slight smile on his face. "I got a note from Alice a warning: 'Fear what you don't know. Fear what you can't see. Fear what you can't catch.'"

"Basically meaning nothing."

"Basically saying I should be afraid of her because I won't be able to win.

"You have to tell Scarecrow about this."

"Oh not you to," I roll my eyes.

"Edward and Oswald told you this too I know."

I turn at him and glare.

"Oswald called me."

"Well," I sigh and sit down on the stone steps of the stairwell.

"I'm not mad. I just told you..."

"Okay. I'll talk to the mad man with the fear toxin who left me behind for a year and seven months. Sounds good Bruce. Sounds fan fucking tastic."

"Cassandra. He loves you. They both love you. I don't want you giving up on them," he sits down next to me. I lean my head on his arm.

"I'm not seeing him until I'm ready."

"You just saw him this morning."

I glance at Bruce.

"I'm Batman. I know about all the drug dealers. The White Queen gets a new partner who is as badass as you? That same drug dealer being the one who sells Fear Toxin on the black market. I'm not that stupid."

"I didn't say you are." I sigh at him. I should have known he was protecting me always.

"That and I track Jonathan. I'm not letting that crazy bastard that high jacked his mind kill him."

"Scarecrow needs Jonathan. If he kills Jonathan he.... Oh Bruce that's an awful thought."

"Exactly. He doesn't need Jonathan for anything. He has a body. Not like mine though," Bruce smirks at me.