Chapter-19 *Regret or liking* ✔

*Jessica's P.O.V*

It was totally my fault. I should have just stopped him as he leaned in. I just couldn't help it. His eyes were asking for permission and I didn't stop him. But why the hell not?

It's not like I also wanted to kiss him.

Or did I?

Ugh!

I looked into his eyes and he stared back, a small amount of guilt flooding through.

'I don't regret kissing you.'

As soon as those five words escaped from his mouth, my brain stopped working. His words echoed in my ears. He was trying to explain something, but I couldn't concentrate. There was only one thing... he wanted to kiss me. But, why?

He likes you!

No, there was no way. He hardly knew anything about me. Maybe it was some kind of infatuation? He was probably only confused and nothing else. Suddenly, he pressed my hands tightly and I realized, he just asked me something, but what was it? I couldn't let him know that I just spaced out.

"What do you want from me?" I asked softly, looking at his hand tightly wrapped against mine.

It was like he was afraid that if he let go of hand, I'll make a run for it.

"Please, don't judge me because of my image. I'm so sorry. I just didn't want to rush such things. It just happened and I couldn't control myself. It won't happen again. Please, don't avoid me after this," I remembered him pleading.

I was surprised after hearing him out. Was he afraid of losing me? I bit my lips nervously. I was hella confused about the situation. I was also afraid of saying anything. I didn't have any control over my big mouth, and I didn't want to hurt him.

"It was also my fault. I should have stopped you." I sighed and closed my eyes for few seconds. "Listen, Max. I want to make one thing clear, I came here for studies, nothing else. Don't expect anything from me. I don't believe in such things. So, please, it will be better off if you keep your distance away from me," I said looking into his eyes.

He looked at me for few seconds, then nodded. Maybe he was trying to process the things I've just said. It all was true, though. I was going back after two years. I didn't want to lead him onto the wrong idea.

"Don't worry. I'll keep that in mind," he replied and forced a smile.

I nodded.

He was definitely hurt!

I didn't know why the fuck I would still be thinking about him. The boy could practically take care of himself. As everyone said, he was a player who doesn't have a heart. So, why was I so concerned about him? I really needed to stay away from him because I could feel my stomach having those stupid butterflies.

It's so frustrating. We both knew that we were going on the wrong path, but we still couldn't do one goddamn thing. You know why? Because we started loving that path. It makes us happy. We forget everything about our family, friends or career. Nothing seemed important. I had already faced such situation once. Now, I was not gonna fool myself again.

"So, are we going inside? Or do you want to ditch again?" Max interrupted my thoughts.

Giving him a quick look, I nodded again.

"Let's go," he said twisting his car keys out of the ignition and climbing out of the car.

I replicate his movements, getting out of the car and waited for him to lock it. After, he stuffed his keys into his trouser pocket and joined me in walking towards our class. I looked at him, his fist was clenched at his sides. His eyes were dark and he seemed lost in thoughts. His face exhibited exhaustion. Ignoring my stare, he closed his eyes for a second and rubbed his temple with his right hand.