CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Overly delighted to get a letter from Eleanor, let alone one that was solely addressed to him, Fred dropped everything he was doing, in order to respond in a prompt manner

Overly delighted to get a letter from Eleanor, let alone one that was solely addressed to him, Fred dropped everything he was doing, in order to respond in a prompt manner. He decided to mention to her that he and his family would be attending the Quidditch World Cup, not to brag, but in hopes that Eleanor would also find her way there. But he also confessed to her that his mother was giving him and George a hard time regarding their business. It left him feeling a lot better and he decided to send the latest recipe that they were attempting to turn into another product.

The box in front of him only consisted of custard creams, but like the others, they would soon be turned into Canary Creams. Which meant that whoever ate them would end up transfiguring into a rather large canary for a minute or so. But Fred wasn't in the mood to attempt to prank Eleanor as he grabbed the box of the untouched and made his way over to where Dermot remained in the window. Tying to letter to the little parcel, Fred allowed the owl to grab the letter and box before it flew away.

A few minutes later, George entered the bedroom cautiously, wondering if his brother was still upset. However, he quickly noticed the letter that Fred was attempting to hide before he grinned and sat down on his own bed. Fred didn't say anything to him initially, returning to whatever he had been working on before, but George didn't feel like teasing him at the moment. It was clear to all the Weasley siblings that currently resided in the Burrow, that Fred fancied Eleanor.

George had been a witness to most of the moments of them flirting back and forth within the Hogwarts castle, but it was obvious that they were attempting to take things slow, or perhaps too nervous to actually admit it to one another. Either way, George couldn't bring himself to bother Fred over it, especially knowing that his twin had been in a rather awful mood since they had a row with their mother recently over Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

Molly had never condoned their pranking nature, very often scolding them and telling them to behave like their older brothers, mostly Percy. But it hurt more than anything that she wouldn't offer her support to their actual dream. Sure, it wasn't some prestigious Ministry position, but honestly, did she really think with their personalities that they were suited for such a thing? It was like she didn't know them at all.

Grabbing the one box of untouched custard creams that he had purposely put aside for later, George leaned back on his bed with the intention of eating every last one. Fred glanced up from the fake wand he was looking over, only to have his eyes widen.

"What are you doing?" he asked. "Do you want to turn into a canary?"

George was mid-bite into one of the creams when he paused and peered up at him. "No, that's why I took this box. This is the untouched batch."

Immediately, the fake wand dropped from Fred's hands onto the floor. "What? But I... the untouched batch was left over here!"

"Right, was," George emphasised. "I took it for myself, what's the big deal? There's still plenty of the actual finished product right there."