CHAPTER FORTY

Eleanor never did get Fred to come out of his room during her time at the Burrow, although she made it quite clear that she was upset with him before she left. It was one thing to attempt to pull a prank on her, but while her mother was adjusting and getting accustomed to magic, it was best for Margaret to not be turned into a canary. Thankfully, the effects of the Canary Cream were only temporary as Remus told Eleanor that it only lasted a minute before Margaret started moulting her feathers and returning to her normal self. And to Eleanor's relief, Margaret didn't react in the way that she had heavily anticipated, instead, she laughed it off before mentioning that the custard cream itself had been delicious.

But once the commotion settled down, Cedric was finally able to deliver the surprise, which had the whole reason behind his visit before the chaos. His father had gotten tickets to the Quidditch World Cup, through his job at the Ministry, and wanted to give the extra tickets to Eleanor and her family. Of course, Margaret wouldn't be able to attend, but Anne offered to spend the day with her since she didn't wish to attend the event. It left the Diggory family with three extra tickets, and while Cedric intended to invite Marnie, she had yet to return from holiday with her family.

So, Cedric offered Eleanor said tickets, in hopes that she could attend with her father and her grandfather, thinking they would enjoy it. At first, Eleanor didn't know what to say. The Quidditch World Cup was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, sporting event in the Wizard World and she was thrilled to be a part of it. Wizards and witches from all over the world would flock to one location to observe the match, and if she thought the matches at school were entertaining, she couldn't imagine how it would be to watch the professionals play.

She asked Cedric if he was sure that he wanted to give them to her, but he brushed off such a silly question. He definitely wanted her to go, not only for the experience but also because during his time at the Burrow, he learned that the Weasley family would be in attendance as well. And while Eleanor claimed to be angry with the twins (mostly Fred) over the Canary Fiasco, he was fairly certain that once Eleanor saw them again, all would be forgiven.

Remus and Lyall were thrilled when Eleanor presented them with the tickets, and plans were made to accompany Cedric and his father, Amos, to a designated portkey the morning of the 18th of August.

And the night before the Quidditch World Cup, Eleanor was seated at the table, next to Remus as the family was enjoying a nice dinner that Margaret had prepared. Lyall had joined them as well, reminiscing over the days where he played on the Quidditch team during his time at Hogwarts.

"I thought I was a fair Keeper at the time," he said, "nothing special. I initially tried out to be a Seeker, but it's a bitch trying to find that little golden bugger. At one point, I just said to hell with it, let me try out for Keeper and that worked out well for me. I was rather tall back then before gravity decided to have its way with me and hunch me over to keep me humble. But they called me 'LIMBY LUPIN.'