The Only Girl in the Band...[Part 30] Epilogue

The next few days went by in a blur of interviews, statements, and legal documents.

To make our amends and new-old relationship official, Ian and I made a statement on Youtube that we were officially together.

"I've forgiven him for what he did. If you care about how I feel, you'll forget all of this ever happened. There's no point living in the past when there's so much more to look forward to in the future," I had said.

There were some scathing comments in the comments section, but mostly people praised me for being so forgiving and that they were looking forward to a new chapter of The Velocity. In the same video, I held up the documents that read that I would be leaving the band. I showed it to everyone and then took a lighter and set it on fire on video.

"As long as The Velocity is around, so will I," I said.

After the news of what happened simmered down a bit, we began practising for our New Year's performance on Ryan Seacrist's show. I had written a song in my two-month long break. It was just a random idea that had come to me and I just started writing. I showed it to the boys and they loved it. We got to work right away putting music and a beat to it. We wanted to memorize and perform it for our performance. It would be the debut of the first song of our next single. The song eventually went on to be our first number one hit, going platinum.

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop smiling like that," Mae snapped. I was grinning goofily at her. Her cheeks were bright red from blushing so hard. I had just caught her and Caleb making out under the mistletoe that hung on the doorway in my parent's house.

"Like what?" I asked, still grinning. She pushed me. "Does this mean you guys are finally together?" I asked. She averted her gaze and shrugged.

"Maybe..." she muttered. I let out a squeal of excitement and hugged her. Then I ran into the living room where the boys were sitting. Caleb's cheeks still had a faint pink tint to them.

"MAE AND CALEB ARE TOGETHERRRR!" I announced. Mae ran in after me, out of breath.

"Vanessa!" she exclaimed.

"What?!" Cameron asked.

"Since when?" Liam asked.

"Since just now," I replied, grinning toothily.

"Why'd you have to go and tell everyone?" Mae asked, glaring at me. I knew she wasn't actually mad.

"Are you kidding? I've been waiting for this day for almost a year now," I said. She rolled her eyes at me. My mother walked into the room.

"Dinner's ready, if you kids want to join us," she said. We all stood up. My mother had invited everyone's families for Christmas dinner. We all sat together, said our blessings, and began to eat. It was the perfect moment. I was surrounded by the people I cared about most and the people I would always be around from now on.

                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Goddamn! New York is so freeeeeeeeeeeaking cold!" Cameron shouted when we stepped out of the airport. He was right. It was freezing.

"Oh my God, I need to buy a winter coat," I said, my teeth chattering.

"Does anyone else feel like peeing all of a sudden?" Liam asked. Until then, no one thought of it. But now that he mentioned it, we all ran back into the airport building to the bathrooms.