Chapter 18

He took a step forward in my direction and I instinctively took one back. He growled slightly, shutting his eyes.

"I-I, I'm just gonna leave now." Mavis said. I didn't even have time to ask her to wait, cause she was gone.

She took off walking so fast in the direction we came from, leaving me on my own.

Glad to know she's always got my back...

He opened his eyes and took another step forward, I took one back, which just seemed to make him angrier than he already was.

Then he just stood there watching me, jaw tightly clenched, hands fisted by his sides, hateful glare in his eyes.

Why the hell is he so angry all the time?

Seriously it baffles me.
Is it even healthy?

He made brief eye contact with me but then quickly looked away.

He took a deep breath and sent one last hateful glare my way and walked away.

Leaving me confused, just like all our previous encounters.

I sighed.

I seriously don't get him sometimes. Okay, all times.

I turned and looked around to see if Mavis was anywhere near here.

But of course, she wasn't.

Where the hell am I? How do I even get back?

Guess I just have to follow the path we took here back.

****

So, I was sitting in front of the television in the pack house (where I stay) in the living room watching re-runs of 'The Nanny'.

I was enjoying myself because I loved watching Fran literally throw herself at her boss.

I had successfully gotten lost earlier after Mavis took a run for the hills so I had to get escorted back to the pack house by a guard on duty.

I found Mavis once I got back to the pack house frantically looking around.

I walked up behind her and gave her a smack across her head.

She yelped in pain whilst holding her head before she turned to look at me. Then she sighed in relief putting a hand on her heart.

"Thank God you're not dead." was all she said which earned her another playful smack across the head which she just laughed off.

We spent the better of the day just talking about random things, we even went to see Rose who was taking a stroll with and elderly man, who I suppose would be in his early fifties, called Frederick.

Even though we didn't talk too much it was nice seeing her and getting one of her famous bone crushing hugs.

She is actually a lot stronger than she looks.

By the time it was 3 o'clock we started heading off to the field where the match would be played. The football field was actually at the very back of the sports complex, so I got to see almost everything on the way there.

They had a ginormous community pool, actually pools, one was for the grown ups and one for the little ones. And there was a steam pool that I'm sure comes in handy in the winter. There was a tennis court, basketball court, an indoor track range and a couple of gyms. And of course the soccer field. They had a football pitch as well, but that's on the other side so I didn't see it. This place was actually much larger than I thought. I would need a proper tour of this place.