CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

As much as Eleanor enjoyed her time spent at the Weasley tent, she decided after finishing her face painting that she would travel back to the Diggory tent

As much as Eleanor enjoyed her time spent at the Weasley tent, she decided after finishing her face painting that she would travel back to the Diggory tent. However, as she was preparing to leave, Fred made it clear that he didn't want her walking the campgrounds by herself, claiming that he didn't want her to be harassed by vendors or rowdy fans that had already started their pre-match drinking. And although she was willing to argue that she could handle herself among the crowds, she wasn't going to decline the offer to spend a little more time with Fred.

Especially since he gave her the "option" to be carried on his back, rather than over his shoulder.

Her arms draped gently around his neck, with her legs wrapped around his back as he carried her under her legs. Of course, George tagged along because Eleanor had dared to make the statement that if it were too dangerous for her to walk the grounds herself, it would be too dangerous for Fred when he ventured back to his own tent after dropping her off. She was content either way, settling her chin on his shoulder.

"Has anyone ever told you that you smell like cinnamon?" Eleanor asked him at one point.

It was a strange question, but it was all she could smell as they made their way through the crowds. She thought it was something that one of the vendors had been selling, but she didn't see any of them selling anything that looked like it would call for cinnamon.

"No, I can't say anyone has mentioned it," Fred chuckled, "even though I've been using this cinnamon soap for months now. But thank you for noticing."

"You're welcome," she grinned, "so, what do you plan on doing when you two win the bet? Are you two going to put everything towards starting up your shop?"

Each time she spoke, Eleanor made sure to speak softly, but with her lips so close to Fred's ear, he could feel goosebumps form all over his body as her voice tickled him.

"Y-yes," Fred's voice cracked slightly before he cleared his throat, "that's the plan. Get a place of our own to set up shop and have some money left over to invest in our products. What about you, love?"

"What about me?"

Furrowing his brows together, Fred thought he was making himself quite clear with his question. "What do you plan on doing with your share of the bet?"

It was Eleanor's turn to look confused as they approached the Diggory tent and she was lowered to the ground. Adjusting her shirt, she turned to face the twins, placing her hands on her hips.

"I added that money onto your placed bet," she said, "which means, when the time comes, it will go to the shop and your products."

"But Ellie," George frowned, "you put in ten galleons!"

"Right, and you two put in thirty-seven, Ludo added five more for the fake wand, and with my additional ten, that brings you two up to fifty-two galleons and the leftover change. Depending on the odds of Krum catching the snitch with Ireland still winning, you're looking at the very least a fifteen to one ratio with the odds, so either way, you'll be looking at a nice payout when the time comes. I guess we'll see, gentlemen, until then, enjoy the match. Oh, but before you go..."