Chapter 35

"He what!" Demi spoke still unsure of the words I had just admitted.

"The night at your recording studios house dinner party thing, he cornered me inside and touched me" I said looking down at my hands silently reliving that night.

"Wait, thats why Nick offered to take you home? Did he know?" Demi threw questions at me still in complete shock.

"No, he found me in the front of the house flustered trying to light a cigarette and just figured I was bored. I didn't tell him, I didn't tell anybody" 

"You had a nightmare that night when I came home" Demi silently spoke connecting the dots. "I.. I.. um i'm so sorry" she said before engulfing me in her arms as if trying to mend all of my broken pieces together with a hug.

"It's not your fault" I sniffled. I didn't want to cry I always thought of myself as tough so as soon as the first tear fell I completely lost it in Demi's arms.

After telling Demi about the whole Wilmer incident she pretty much went ballistic. She immediately called him going off on him on how much of a sick fuck he was and needless to say ending things with him. I of course felt guilty about the whole situation and actually surprised at Demi who took my word and didn't make it seem like I was being irrational. Demi insisted that I press charges but I was just over it and never wanted to see him again. However, it did mean that I had to take up her offer for even more therapy over the situation.

~~~

"Hey can I come in?" Demi asked as she knocked on my bedroom door. I was packing my things to go back to the rehab center where I still had a month left for my treatment and Demi had offered to drive me back later tonight.

"Yeah just about done packing my clothes" I spoke zipping up my duffle bag.

"Cool, Mom and dad went to pick up some groceries for the last minute family dinner we're having later" she said taking a seat on my bed.

"Do you think they'd be okay with me inviting Michael and Jackie"

"Probably, I mean I invited a few of my crew family" she smiled. "I know it's been a crazy couple of days and I haven't actually asked how are you, you know with your recovery and all" Demi asked genuinely interested. 

"Well good I suppose" I answered unsure as I took a seat on the floor next to her dangling legs. "I mean talking has defiantly been my main outlet and i've started writing a lot more there considering all the free time I have" I smiled.

"Any new songs?" Demi questioned.

"A couple, all unfinished of course" I smiled.

"Maybe one day you can play me one" she stated. 

"Maybe" I said as I looked over to my guitar case which rested against the wall. It had gone untouched for months, when I began abusing drugs again I used it as my stash place rather than as my escape.

"Izzy, you know i'm sorry right?" Demi questioned again. "About the whole situation and my attitude with you, you know I love you right" she said before sliding off the bed and joining me on the floor.

"If you think I blame you for any of this you're wrong. I had my own demons to fight, and unfortunately they got the best of me. I will admit that I hated you always trying to tell me what I could and couldn't do but that was because I've always been so independent" I answered leaning my head on her shoulder.

"I know it's a little late now, but you don't have to go through life alone. You have a lot of people who care about you" she spoke.

"I know that now" I smiled lifting my head up and embracing her in a hug.

~~

The sun was started to fall and the sky had become illuminated in beautiful reds, pinks, yellows, ad purple. considering it was now mid September the nights were a crisp cool. We gathered around the bonfire sharing stories and enjoying each others company. It was only Demi and a few of her crew family, Maddie, Dallas, and Michael and I now gathered.

"omg I love this song" Maddie said raising the volume from the phone which was playing music.

Maddie began singing along to the chorus and was quickly joined by the rest of us.

Oo-o-o-o-oo

This is gonna be the best day of my life

My li-i-i-ife

Oo-o-o-o-oo

This is gonna be the best day of my life

My li-i-i-ife

I howled at the moon with friends

And then the sun came crashing in

Wo-o-o-o-o-oh, Wo-o-o-o-o-oh

But all the possibilities

No limits just epiphanies

Wo-o-o-o-o-oh, Wo-o-o-o-oh

I'm never gonna look back

Whoa, I'm never gonna give it up

No, just don't wake me now

Oo-o-o-o-oo

This is gonna be the best day of my life

My li-i-i-ife

Oo-o-o-o-oo

This is gonna be the best day of my life

My li-i-i-ife

I hear it calling outside my window

I feel it in my soul 

The stars were burning so bright

The sun was out 'til midnight

I say we lose control 

Oo-o-o-o-o

This is gonna be the best day of my life

My li-i-i-ife

Oo-o-o-o-o

This is gonna be the best day of my life

My li-i-i-ife

This is gonna be, this is gonna be, this is gotta be

The best day of my life

Everything is looking up, everybody up now

This is gonna be the best day of my life

My li-i-i-ife

As we erupted in laughter I suddenly felt happy. It was the same feelings of happiness that I had felt the first night I spent it here. It was a feeling that I never wanted to end.