Chapter 5

"Hey," Shane mumbled, walking into the room.

"Get out." I replied.

"I know you hate me more than ever, but I came here to apologize." He stated.

I huffed, raising up.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have laid a finger on you; you didn't deserve that. You've been trying to help me and I keep pushing you away." He continued.

I looked at all his cuts and bruises on his face before looking down at my lap.

"I wasn't realizing what I was doing. You know I'd never hurt you." He mumbled, sitting down beside my legs.

"But you did hurt me, more ways than one." I replied.

"I got what I did right back at me, and then some." He replied, pointing to his face.

"Still doesn't fix what you did to me." I replied.

"I think it's best if we stay away from each other. I don't need your help. Lori and Rick are done, we all know that." He stated, his mood changing like a light switch.

"So you got what you wanted, huh?" I asked.

"What?" He asked.

"You got Lori, what you've always wanted. I have one damn thing to say to you, though. You'll never be able to take Carl away from Rick. You think you can replace Rick, but you can't. You never will. I know that makes you mad as hell and you wanna kill me, but frankly, I don't give a damn anymore." I snapped, standing up.

He looked at me one last time before turning around and leaving.

-

I awkwardly stood by Rick, watching as Shane was losing his mind.

"Shane, stop!" Rick yelled, watching as Shane hacked away at the lock holding the barn doors together.

I looked to Andrea, watching her load her gun.

I quickly done the same, seeing the doors open.

"They aren't people!" Shane screamed.

I watched as he shot the first walker over and over in the chest.

I watched Beth fall to the ground crying as we shot the walkers.

I walked over to Shane, holding my pistol up at his head.

"Shut up! You've done enough!" I yelled.

"Go ahead and shoot me, princess." He taunted, gun shots going off around us.

"You need to chill out. This isn't your place to do that." I explained, my voice strong.

I lowered my gun, watching as the last walker walked out of the barn.

Carol dropped to her knees, screaming.

My eyes widened as Sophia stepped out of the barn, in walker form.