Chapter 6

I was early as usual. It was 15 minutes left until the lesson would start, but I always enjoyed sitting in the classroom and look out the window. To see all the students arriving and park their cars, people laying on the grass and enjoying the sun, and to watch the ones that sit under the trees and read or listened to music.

Yes, I was a loner. I didn't have that many friends, but I didn't mind. People talked to me if they had to, and I talked to them. There's this one girl though, her name is Kelly I think, that has her locker next to mine. She always greets me when we see each other, but we're not really friends. Just ”locker -friends” if you could call it that.

Today was going to be a tough day, I hadn't been sleeping well last night, and definitely not enough. It had been one of those moments again, when my flat and everything around me became kind of scary. It sounds strange and immature to be scared of something you know isn't there, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of off me. I felt like a kid that didn't dare to sleep because of the monsters in the closet. But this had absolutely nothing to do with monsters.

I felt like something was watching me. Or should I say someone?

I rested my head in my hands and felt my eyes get more and more heavy.

Amber get real! You can't fall asleep during class! You never fall asleep during class!

I managed to open my eyes again after a lot of effort, and that's when it happened!

I saw him. I remembered his face crystal clear. He was right there, on his way inside the school. I'd never seen him before, only in a picture, but I knew it was him. He was even more beautiful in real life. It was Elizabeth's son Harry.

I was now wide awake. Why had I never seen him in school before? He was really handsome, I had to admit that, the way he walked with his tight black pants and white T-shirt. I was so caught up in it all that I didn't notice that all the desks in the classroom started to get filled with students. I followed Harry with my gaze as far as possible, before he disappeared into the school entrance and I could no longer see him. Someone dropped a book in the classroom and the sound made me jump slightly and get back to reality.

I decided to go to the school library to study. The school had finished for today and the hallways were crowded with students that wanted nothing except coming home. I didn't have anything to do at home anyway, so I'll might as well study for a while. I hadn't been in the library as often as usual, because THAT happened on my way home from it a few months ago. But Elizabeth had told me that the rape can't control my life and shouldn't stop me from doing things. I will try my hardest to not let it take over completely and stop me from doing what I want. It's difficult, but I'm working on it.

I took a seat at the table in the middle of the library next to the biggest bookshelves. It was people there most of the time, and that made me feel a little bit safer. I opened my book and put on my glasses, the ones I wear when I read, and dived into the text about all kinds of chemical substances. I was still tired after last night, but the coffee I had next to me did a good job on keeping me awake.

I put my book back in my bag and threw the empty coffee mug in the trash a few hours later. My stomach had made it perfectly clear that it was tome for something to eat. It was after all, pretty late.

”Goodbye Mrs Wright,” I said to the woman behind the desk.

”Goodbye Amber, have a good night,” she replied with a smile.

The school isn't that far away from my flat, so I usually walk. But since THAT happened, I'm taking my car. People might find it ridiculous, but what should I do? I feel safe driving my car. I searched through my bag for the car keys, that always find it funny to play hide and seek with me. It was actually pretty dark outside that it was difficult to find them. I putted the bag down on the ground and used my phone as a flashlight and dug around until I found the keys.

Suddenly I heard a car door slam shut and I swiftly turned around, heart pounding hard and fast. I was ready to face any danger that might hide out there in the dark. I realized the sound came from a car across the parking lot. A black Range Rover, I think. A girl with long, dark hair stepped out of it, putting her hair back in it's place. And her clothes as well. It was no doubt about what had happened in that car. I sighed in relief and opened my own car door.

Nothing to be worried about, Amber. No one's after you.

I started the engine and waited for the Range Rover, that was now on it's way out of the parking lot, to pass. It was an amazing car for sure, one of my favourites. I've always liked them, but sadly, they're to expensive for me. I tried to look at the driver, and to my luck the car passed under a lamppost so I could see who it was.

I could feel my chin drop as I saw his face for the second time that day. He looked back at me as he passed, and a smirk was spreading on his face.

It was Harry.

Please Vote and Comment ;)