Chapter 95.

"Can I eat now?" Hardin says and I lift my head up. We haven't moved from our spot in the chair for at least thirty minutes.

"Yes." I give him a weak smile and climb off his lap but he pulls me back.

"I didn't say for you to move, just slide my plate over." He smiles.

I get the feeling Hardin doesn't want to discuss his confession further so I slide his plate over and reach for mine across the small table. I am still reeling from this new information and now I feel a little uneasy about going to the wedding in the morning.

"You are a much better cook than I expected, I hope you know that now I expect you to cook often." I tell him as I take the last bite off my plate.

"We will see." He says with his mouth full.

"Are you still mad?" He asks after I load the dishwasher.

"Not exactly, I am still not happy about you being out all night and I still want to know who you fought and why." I tell him. He opens his mouth to speak but I stop him.

"But not tonight." I add. I don't think either of us can handle anymore tonight.

"Okay." He says softly. Worry flashes in his eyes but I choose to let it go.

"Oh, and I didn't appreciate you throwing my internship in my face either. That really hurt my feelings."

"I know, that's why I said it." He answers a little too honestly.

"That's exactly why I don't like it."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't do it again, okay?" I tell him and he nods.

"I'm exhausted." I groan in a small attempt to change the subject.

"Me too, lets lay down for the rest of the evening. I got the cable turned on."

"I was supposed to be doing that." I scowl at him.

"You can just give me the money for it.. if you wish."

"I do wish. I refuse to live here and not contribute." I remind him.

"I know.. I know." He rolls his eyes and sits next to me on the bed.

"What time are we leaving here tomorrow for the wedding?" I stare at the wall.

"Whenever we feel like it."

"It starts at three so I think we should be there by two." I explain.

"An hour early?" He whines and I nod. "I don't know why you insist.." He says but is cut off by my phone ringing.

The look on Hardin's face as he leans over and grabs it tells me immediately who it is.

"Why is he calling?" He huffs.

"I don't know Hardin but I think I should answer." I grab the phone from his hand.

"Noah?" My voice is soft and shaky as Hardin watches with a glare.

"Hey Tessa, I'm sorry to call you on a Friday night but..well.." He sounds panicked.

"What?" I push, he takes longer than necessary to explain stressful situations.

When I look over to Hardin he mouths, "speaker." I roll my eyes but put Noah on speaker phone so Hardin can eavesdrop.

"Your mom got a call from the dorm supervisor about your final bill being paid for the room so she knows you moved out. I told her I have no idea where you live now, which is the truth but she refused to believe me and she is coming there."