Chapter 6: The Wings of the Heir

Chapter 7

The Wings of the Heir

~Neulara, Origin~
*Percy Jackson's Point of View*

Lately, all I've been seeing is beautiful things despite the darkness, quite ironic really. Like, Isle of the Blest which is better than Elysium in many ways. Neulara, which is the capital of Origin. Origin is Chaos's main planet that he stays on, he explained to me.

Neulara is beautiful in every way. A perfect mixture of a futuristic city that I'd never dream I'll be able to see and nature of their own. The lights were twinkling like stars just looking from above. People buzzing like bees even if though look like an ant. Everything is just full of life.

I couldn't get to see much of it since it's quite clear that Chaos is in a rush.

We flew over to the big palace, that's at the very end of Neulara. A sparkling, silver giant castle with a complicated design of an architecture that would've made her jealous. There's even floating buildings with bridges connected to the main palace, right smack dab in the middle. It's an escalator thought. It was all so complicated and beautiful that I'm at awe and can't even begin to describe it. It was huge. The city too has floating buildings, just so you know.

The palace at the bottom is surrounded by water that's bluer than blue. Trees healthy standing in places of the city. Silver, blue and green blending nicely together.

Wow.

Chaos transported us at the top of Neulara before we slowly floated in the air for him to give me a look. He landed us in the middle of the palace, the floor looking like the galaxy which is very cool.

He turned to me and smiled "Welcome to Neulara, Perseus Jackson." We walked through Gods knows where. Until we reached another set of big doors, Chaos pushed it open to reveal a throne room.

A dome shape roof but instead of a ceiling it had a glass and you could see different stars or universe. Big giants pillars framing the throne, it's a mixture of gold and silver spirals.

There were two thrones, one bigger than the other who I think it's for Chaos. If the galaxy color isn't a giveaway then I don't know what is. There are different writings too, probably in their language and it's Chaos' title floating on the design of the chair like a GIF file. It also had a crown at the top of the chair, floating and glowing. The other was plain, though, even if it was sparkling with silver and gold.

Chaos must've sensed my confusion, following to where I'm staring at since he said, solemnly as if just talking about it hurts. "That spot is saved for a special someone."

I nodded, not dwelling on it any longer.

"Just give me a second, Percy. I need to call the soldiers to announce your arrival."

"What if," I said, finally deciding to voice out the nagging thought in my head "What if I fail? And it'll cause other's life and it's because of me. I don't think I can handle any more of that." Why did I agree to this? I could just live my life as Dark Echo, it doesn't matter if I become a commander of the most elite army there is. This is way worse, I've got soldiers life in my hand. If they die, it'll be my fault.

Chaos turned to me, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder, a soft reassuring smile that brings warmth in me. "Do you know why the position for the commander is empty?" I shook my head, he smiled. "It's because no one is worthy of it. I knew the moment I've watched you that you'd be the one, Percy. I have faith in you and sure," he paused, "at some point you'll fail but that's part of it. You'll learn. And if that happens, don't make their death be in vain."