Chapter seven.

‘Dylan! Come on, Dyle. Let’s stop this!’ I cried as I chased the sandy-haired who was making a beeline through the crowd.

‘You know you can’t be mad at me any longer, so just give it up!’ That was the last thing I managed to shout before losing him entirely.

I halted and let my shoulders sag, letting out a frustrated sigh.

‘You do know he’s been mad at you…’ One voice came from my right, and as I turned towards Chad, I heard another voice continuing for him from the other side.

‘… For four days straight. Tick-tock, Meana, it’s already Thursday.’ Chace brought forth.

I sighed. Life was so unfair.

‘He’ll get over it, right?’ I asked.

‘Maybe.’ Chad shrugged.

‘Maybe not.’ Chace looked away.

I shot daggers at him. ‘Why so pessimistic?’

‘Look at him and observe. Has he ever been mad at you for more than a day?’ Chace pointed out.

I felt like giving up. Suddenly, someone crashed into me.

‘OW!’ She stumbled backwards and landed on her butt, while me? I stood there, still standing with an amused expression. The girl had auburn hair and seriously had a sense of style.

‘Are you even listening?’ She glared at me, her face getting near to the shade of her hair.

‘Yeah. You said you broke your nail.’ I said sarcastically. The girl got off the floor and just stared at me. I cocked my head to the side, ‘Are you a transfer student? I’ve never seen you here.’

‘Yes, yes, I am. And you made my first hour here miserable. As a punishment you are to do my homework for one week.’ She held her head up high. I switched glances with Chace and Chad, holding back my laughter. It seemed they were doing the same too. I turned my attention to the new girl.

‘Excuse me, but who do you think you are?’ I asked bluntly as I repositioned myself into a higher-looking stance and folded my arms. I felt the twins doing the same too. We weren’t called the Three Musketeers for nothing.

She laughed, and looked me directly in the eye. ‘I am Audrey Roderick. Distant cousin of Amanda Riley.’

I couldn’t help myself as I burst into a laughing fit. I knew all my cousins, near or distant, and I have never met her before.

‘It is true. —‘

‘Distant cousin, eh?’ A new deep voice enjoined our conversation. We have attracted quite the attention, and with the addition then, more people were intrigued to know what we were talking about.

‘Yes. I am. Amanda and I are very close too.’ Audrey smiled smugly at me. Yeah, right.

Liam turned to face me, his eyes widening as if to ask, ‘really?’ I shrugged in reply.

‘Ahem. So if you are so close to Amanda, then why don’t you ask her to come to this school?’ Chase joined in once again. My eyes almost popped out. She better not go to my house.

Audrey bit her lip, replying a soft whispered ‘maybe’.  She looked up and her eyes landed on Liam. Her mouth dropped to the floor as she took in his image, totally forgetting about being my distant cousin. I snorted silently while rolling my eyes.

‘Hey, hottie. So like, what’s your name?’ She went closer to Liam, who got a little stiff. I stifled a laugh as I stared how he force himself to stay cool as Audrey stroked his arm.