Chapter Eighteen: Little Difference

*Derek

Derek sighed softly as Stiles went through his plan, it's been a few days since they've found out why Josie is doing what she's doing. Stiles has been acting a little weird since he old him everything that he remembered, but other than that he didn't seem to care that another person has been to added his killed list.

No they had things kind figured out, and Derek had an idea about where Josie might be camping out, they were going to try something a little different. Emphasis on little. "What makes you think this thing is going to make a difference" he asked the human and held up a camera, not getting why they would need it.

"It's an infrared camera Derek. We'll be able to see heat signatures with it. Since you can't hear the Ahzi, and they've somehow managed to mask their scent maybe this is the next best thing. It's not like they can hide something like that" he said and smiled small. "And if we still don't find anything, it's just be a romantic walk through the forest" he said jokingly.

Derek laughed softly and shook his head slightly, though kind of just ignored the last sentence. "And where exactly did you get this camera thing?" he asked.

Stiles gaped for a moment "Oh well ummmm I might have just borrowed it from my dad" he said.

"You mean you stole it from your dad" Derek said with a smirk.

Stiles scoffed, "No, borrowed. I plan on giving it back eventually"

Derek chuckled "Right" he said and shook his head slightly.

Stiles glared at him before huffing slightly before taking the camera from him. "Come on Derek I'm sure this will work" he said with a smile. "No more stalling let's go" he said and stood up.

Derek chuckled softly "Fine" he said and stood up as well. "But let's return at a decent hour this time eh" he said with a smile. "and you planning on staying the night again?" he asked hoping the answer would be yes.

Stiles shrugged "I don't know, depends" he said and smiled before walking towards the door. "Though probably yes" he said and turned to smile at Derek. "I've grown accustomed to sleeping next to someone" he said with a smirk before opening the door and walking out.

Derek sighed softly, trying to hide a grin before walking out and locking the doors behind him. He hurried to catch up to the human and followed him out to the jeep.

****

Derek sat down next to Stiles on the ground just a few feet away from the nemeton. He waited as the human caught his breath and pulled a few things out of his bag."You sure you're up for this?" he asked.

Stiles nodded slightly "Yeah, of course I'm up for it" he said and looked over at Derek. "Here you can work the camera." he said and turned the thing on before giving it to him.

Derek nodded slightly and took the camera from him, then he looked through it to see how the thing worked. He was that impressed by the device but it's did it's job and that's al that really mattered. "You ready to start walking again" he asked after a few moments and looked at Stiles.