Fifty-Four || Morally Wrong

|| Morally Wrong

Drenched, Jacy formed out of nothing in front of the McCall household with a heavy object in hand. Slightly out of it from passing on every dead wolf of Satomi's pack, she pushed through and went up to the porch.

Liam had been found and Scott had fought the berserkers and Kate. Meredith, well, she just couldn't take it anymore. Not only had there been a loss of a banshee, but the rest of the deadpool had been cracked.

With Melissa at home, Jacy knocked on the front door.

Opening the door, Melissa smiled despite her pulsation of stress that surrounded her like a fog. "Hey, Jacy."

"Hi Melissa," she replied as she had out of focus breaths that soon began to calm. "The boys are here, aren't they?"

Melissa lightly nodded, "Upstairs, sweetheart."

Jacy jogged up the stairs, drying off slightly. Stopping in the doorway, she found Scott and Stiles. "Is that it?"

Scott was sat across from Stiles, a pile of money in the middle of them. He held the cassette, giving a light nod to her.

"Did you bring it?" Stiles asked as Jacy was half in the doorway.

Jacy brought out the old stereo she'd grabbed from her house before going to the McCall's. She went into the room, handing the black stereo over. Folding her legs, she sat facing the music system with Scott and Stiles on each side.

Stiles put in the cassette, pressing play.

A deep, near electronic voice crackled through the speakers.

   "After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment."

After a moment, Stiles reached forward and hit the ejection button to stop the tape. "You ever made a wire transfer?"

"Never had enough money," Scott replied. He looked over to Jacy, "You?"

"I've never made one," she said. "I've heard my dad talk about it before but that was a while ago."

"So you guys didn't understand a word of that either?" Stiles asked as he tried to understand.

"I don't understand any of this," admitted Scott. "Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?"

"Someone wants the two of you dead, guys. Badly," Stiles said with a little strain.

All of the sudden, Scott started putting the money into Garrett's dufflebag.

"Woah, woah," Stiles interrupted, "what are you doing?"

"It's late," Scott told him as he crammed it into the bag. "We've got the PSATs in the morning."

"No, I mean the money," said Stiles. "$500,000. You know how much money that is?"

Scott hesitated, "It's 500,000-"

"It's half a million dollars, Scott," Jacy said, a little defeated.

"What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress?" Stiles questioned.

"I have to talk to Derek. The money's his," retorted the true alpha.