[21] Focus

I take my shirt off tossing it onto the freshly made bed that Sarah has made for me. I can hear her and Steve talking and from the looks of it, it's not turning out very good. Maybe it's the fact that Steve's a noble man and maybe the fact that I took down over thirty people. At least I didn't kill anybody. I either shot them in the leg or knocked them out with a few punches and a choke hold. Steve's voice grows louder causing me to move closer to the door.

I push my ear up against the door, hearing everything their talking about. Which is me. If I was a normal human then I probably wouldn't be able to hear them like I can now. I can thank testings for a couple of things.

"He can't stay here Sarah!" Steve shouts through the door. "I know he's your brother and my friend but I have to draw the line at some point."

"Steve he's my brother." Sarah voice is strained, "I'm not kicking him out there so my dad and S.H.I.E.L.D can hold him as a prisoner again. Make him an experiment."

"I know Sarah. I know he's your brother." Steve whispers, "But Sarah, he took out thirty people if not more. And not to mention he choked out Romanoff and shot your dad in the leg."

"So what's your point?" Sarah challenges with heat. "They both deserved it. Especially my father."

"My point is that he's dangerous." Steve whispers, "And I don't know if I can trust him."

"You might not trust him Steve, but I do." I look down at the ground as I hear her tell him that.

I caused this. This is all my fault. This wouldn't have happened if I hadn't or wasn't so damn paranoid. I walk over to the black wooden dresser that sits in the corner of the room. I pull out a dark grey v-neck, sliding it over my head so I can get ready.

I glance around the room. Sarah was nice enough to let me stay here for as long as I needed. I can't do this to her. This is my fight, not hers. I can't let her get involved, if something happens to her I well never forgive myself and neither would Steve. I go back over to the dresser grabbing ever pair of clothes that I can stuff in my black and blue Nike duffel bag.

I grab my gun, hiding it in the back of my pants. After I pack up all my stuff, I put on my black wool trench coat. Nobody would know that I have a gun on me. Their fighting finally stops the door to the apartment slamming shut. I close my eyes. After a few quiet moments of hearing nothing, the door to the room opens.

Sarah stands in the middle, holding a smile. Trying to act like she has everything under control. A pang of guilt washes over me as I look at her. Why am I doing this to her? Why am I pulling her into my mess? Why am I pulling both of them into my mess?

Steve left. And I have know idea where he went. Because if I did I would go after him and tell him to go back to Sarah because she really needs him right now. And that I'm completely sorry for putting the two of them in this mess. I run both of my hands over my face.

"This is all my fault." I say, laying my hands on my hips.

"Eden," Sarah whispers moving towards me. "This has nothing to do with you."

I glance over to her. That's a total lie. But I only know she's trying to help me. I wish none of this happened. I turn to look back at the bag that lies on the bed behind me.

"Eden," she whispers again her eyes landing on the bag. "What are you doing?"

"I can't stay here." Causing her to glare at me. "Steve's right. I'm dangerous Sarah. I took down thirty agents if not more."

"I'm not letting S.H.I.E.L.D take you. Not again." I look down at the floor shifting my weight.

"I'm not risking your and Steve's relationship because of me." I voice, "You finally found a guy that's willing to treat you right. A guy that you can marry. Start a family with."

"And I'm not going to watch my brother that I've know for all my life give himself up either!" Sarah shouts as tears fill her eyes.

I stay silent. Tears begin to burn my eyes, waiting for their release. But I don't let them come. I can't let her see me like this. But I also can't see her like this.

"Eden, I love you. You're my brother. I can't just watch you hand yourself back over to them." She whispers as more tears come. "I lost mom. I can't lose my best friend too."

I move closer to her. Pulling her into my grasp. I place a kiss on her forehead because I don't know when I'll be able to do this again.

"I have too." I whisper back pulling out of the hug. "I can't see you fall or get hurt because of me. I could never live with myself."

"You're still innocent Hyde. No matter how many people you have killed." Sarah tells, her words breaking my heart. "You didn't know. You didn't have a choice."

"We all have choices." I reply back my head snapping up as I hear the front door slam close.

I grab Sarah's arm pulling her behind me as we make our way towards the noise. I move slowly my grip never leaving Sarah's. I'm not letting her go. No matter what happens.

I walk around the corner not seeing the butt of the gun in time. A sharp shooting pain fills my skull as I hit the ground. Sarah calls out my name. My head spins as I try to focus my vision on the figure standing above me. He's dressed in all black. A S.H.I.E.L.D agent.

Before I can make a move he slams the butt of the gun back onto my head. Causing me to black out.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- So that was a little tense. I wanted to have a moment between Sarah and Hyde showing a little brother/sister moment because they haven't had a lot of those. And showing how much their always going to be there for each other. I promise the next two chapters are going to be very very interesting so stay tuned. And sorry for taking a million years to update that is totally my bad and I promise with all my heart I will try to update another chapter this week if not another one after that. I love you guys all so much and thanks for all the support. My heart goes out to the people in Paris. Lots of love- Tori

#PrayforParis

Dedicated to tragicturner